Which gpu to buy long terms for 1080p gaming 144hz (budget)

phil7990
Go to solution Solved by Noble3212,
Just now, phil7990 said:

Hi,

So I'm on a budget here since I have many costs, but I wanna have something of my own in December, and I've always had my eyes on a 3060ti.
Haven't upgraded my cpu yet but I think it might still have some years left hopefully. It's a strong and good CPU but lets hope I can still hold on to it for a bit longer.
I've always been on a tight budget. This means I'm VERY carefull what to buy, and if I have bought it, I'm EXTRA carefull with everything so that I can keep it as long as possible.
The pricing of 1440p is not low enough, and probably will not be for a while, so I don't think I'll be upgrading to that as I then want a 1440p 144hz.

So the goal here is to keep the gpu as long as possible. Which gpu do you recommend? I have a preference for nvidia, allthough I don't even know if it will work because I have a freesync display, with displayport that is...
Options would be between 3060, 3060ti or 3070.

Specs

i7 6700 non k

Z170 gaming a msi

16gb ram ddr4 2100 speed

1tb, ssd (for games), 1,5tb hdd (old), 240gb ssd (for windows)

XfX rx590

Corsair rmx 750w 2021

Fractal design meshify 2

Display: LG 24GM79G 24inch 1080p 144hz

Games I'm playing and wanna play in the future:

Warframe, Horizon zero dawn/forbidden west, Forza Horizon 5, Shadow of the tomb raider, new aaa games
I would like to game in high-ultra but medium can be good enough too. Don't mind tweaking a few things down unless it's significantly visually bad.

Thanks for your time and answers!

Greetings, Philippe

GTX 1650 super? 

RTX 3060 

RTX 3050 (If RTX 3060 is to expensive.) 

GTX 1660 super

GTX 1660

Only one issue with the RTX 3060 and 3050 is your CPU might bottleneck the GPU for around 20fps. But i would look around on youtube for tests with your CPU with the RTX 3050 and 3060 if you'd like those GPUS. 

Always check for bottlenecks online but this are good GPUS for HD gaming

There are plenty more but i thought i'd least some of these out for you just to get an idea

Hi,

So I'm on a budget here since I have many costs, but I wanna have something of my own in December, and I've always had my eyes on a 3060ti.
Haven't upgraded my cpu yet but I think it might still have some years left hopefully. It's a strong and good CPU but lets hope I can still hold on to it for a bit longer.
I've always been on a tight budget. This means I'm VERY carefull what to buy, and if I have bought it, I'm EXTRA carefull with everything so that I can keep it as long as possible.
The pricing of 1440p is not low enough, and probably will not be for a while, so I don't think I'll be upgrading to that as I then want a 1440p 144hz.

So the goal here is to keep the gpu as long as possible. Which gpu do you recommend? I have a preference for nvidia, allthough I don't even know if it will work because I have a freesync display, with displayport that is...

Specs

i7 6700 non k

Z170 gaming a msi

16gb ram ddr4 2100 speed

XfX rx590

Corsair rmx 750w 2021

Fractal design meshify 2

Warframe, Horizon zero dawn/forbidden west, Forza Horizon 5, Shadow of the tomb raider, new aaa games
I would like to game in high-ultra but medium can be good enough too. Don't mind tweaking a few things down unless it's significantly visually bad.

Greetings, Philippe

Just now, phil7990 said:

Hi,

Specs

i7 6700 non k

Z170 gaming a msi

16gb ram ddr4 2100 speed

XfX rx590

Corsair rmx 750w 2021

Fractal design meshify 2

Greetings, Philippe

GTX 1650 super? 

RTX 3060 

GTX 1660 super

GTX 1660

Only one issue with the RTX 3060 and 3050 is your CPU might bottleneck the GPU for around 20fps. But i would look around on youtube for tests with your CPU with the RTX 3050 and 3060 if you'd like those GPUS. 

There are plenty more but i thought i'd least some of these out for you just to get an idea

1 hour ago, Noble3212 said:

GTX 1650 super? 

RTX 3060 

GTX 1660 super

GTX 1660

So time doesn't matter with these gpu's then? It's not like the 3070 or 3060ti will last longer then a 3060 in terms of aaa games?
That's everything I need to know.

Also about bottlenecks, bottlenecks/my motherboard/cpu/ram won't hurt my gpu physically, right? It's just an fps drop right?

1 hour ago, phil7990 said:

So time doesn't matter with these gpu's then? It's not like the 3070 or 3060ti will last longer then a 3060 in terms of aaa games?
That's everything I need to know.

Also about bottlenecks, bottlenecks/my motherboard/cpu/ram won't hurt my gpu physically, right? It's just an fps drop right?

Well if all you want to do is base HD game play med-high settings these cards should do fine unless you want to buy a 3070 for 10+ years of HD gaming

48 minutes ago, Noble3212 said:

Well if all you want to do is base HD game play med-high settings these cards should do fine unless you want to buy a 3070 for 10+ years of HD gaming

ok thank you!