In the market for a new GPU

FineVisionz

With all the new GPU's coming out, what would you suggest to go with and why?  Or would you suggest getting an older card (maybe used) like a 3080/90 as the prices of those cards are coming down.

I'm also strongly concidering a 4080 maybe even a 4090 but I've heard that Intel and AMD are supposed to release new cards that may be a good competitor/option.

1440p 144hz

Thanks!

People need to give more information when asking advices. 

What resolution? Target fps? Types of games? Existing parts list? Budget? 

If your build is written on the signature, you need to upgrade the whole rig, period. 4790k with a 4090?

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

5 hours ago, FineVisionz said:

With all the new GPU's coming out, what would you suggest to go with and why?  Or would you suggest getting an older card (maybe used) like a 3080/90 as the prices of those cards are coming down.

I'm also strongly concidering a 4080 maybe even a 4090 but I've heard that Intel and AMD are supposed to release new cards that may be a good competitor/option.

Thanks!

This is akin to asking "what car should i buy?" with no.context or details

What games are you playing?

What frame rates do you want?

What's your budget?

What does the rest of your build look like?

most people fall into the RX 6600-6750 XT range, but you may decide that you'll settle for nothing less than 4k resolution at 120fps or something

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

On 10/6/2022 at 8:21 AM, Dukesilver27- said:

People need to give more information when asking advices. 

What resolution? Target fps? Types of games? Existing parts list? Budget? 

If your build is written on the signature, you need to upgrade the whole rig, period. 4790k with a 4090?

1440p 144hz

Current build is:

Titan XP

Ryzen 3800x

16gb 3600 MHz Corsair ram

850watt PSU

A few games I'm looking to play,

Cyber punk

COD MW2 (2022)

Tarkov

Star Citizen

Budget really isn't really a limiting factor here, I just would like to see what people would recommend when it comes to all the new cards coming out, Nvidia, Intel, AMD.  I've been Nvidia for the past 10 years so it's all I really know.

On 10/6/2022 at 1:29 PM, NaClKnight said:

This is akin to asking "what car should i buy?" with no.context or details

What games are you playing?

What frame rates do you want?

What's your budget?

What does the rest of your build look like?

most people fall into the RX 6600-6750 XT range, but you may decide that you'll settle for nothing less than 4k resolution at 120fps or something

1440p 144hz

Current build is:

Titan XP

Ryzen 3800x

850watt PSU

Cyber punk

COD MW2 (2022)

Tarkov

Star Citizen

Budget really isn't really a limiting factor here, I just would like to see what people would recommend when it comes to all the new cards coming out, Nvidia, Intel, AMD.  I've been Nvidia for the past 10 years so it's all I really know.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, Abyssal Radon said:

Budget, resolution, desired fps targets? Also your current build? I mean buy whatever you want lol.

1440p 144hz

Current build is:

Titan XP

Ryzen 3800x

850watt PSU

Cyber punk

COD MW2 (2022)

Tarkov

Star Citizen

56 minutes ago, FineVisionz said:

1440p 144hz

Current build is:

Titan XP

Ryzen 3800x

850watt PSU

Cyber punk

COD MW2 (2022)

Tarkov

Star Citizen

For future reference, you can quote multiple people and posts in the same reply instead of making three consecutive posts by clicking the quote button on multiple posts while writing yours.

I'm an AMD guy, though my wife runs Nvidia, if for no other reason than so that we'll encounter different glitches or security vulnerabilities.

If you want the latest and greatest with no concern for frames/dollar, I'm going to recommend waiting until November for the rx 7900 xt. There is a good chance that it'll represent much better value than the 4090, and also a good chance that it'll represent a major step forward for RT capabilities

At 1440 1440hz any of the halo products will work, meaning that if you spot some killer deal on a 6900 xt or 6950 xt (at or under 750?) go for it.

Is ray tracing a major concern for you? Or are you looking for raw rasterization? I chose my 6800 XT cause I didn't care about ray tracing but wanted to push 4k 120fps in certain games.

Thankfully the rest of your build isn't going to bottleneck whatever gpu you're plotting on

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3