Recover data from a raid 0

redcrit
Hi,
I have 2 Seagate Barracuda drive in raid 0.
Recently I started having some problems with one of the drive. After a while of being used the drive would become unavailable.
I can technically read and transfer some files but then after a while, without any reason, the drive would become unavailable.
I can hear the drive going like “click click” and that’s usually when the drive would become unavailable (no beeping sound though)
When I scan it in windows it says the drive can only be repaired at next startup, which I do, and it works it "repairs" the drive.
The drive goes back to normal but then same thing happens after a while (it can happen very quickly as it can be hours after)
I tried different set of SATA cable and placement on the mobo but it does not change anything. I was able to back up the most important stuff but I still would like to get more stuff.
The failing hard drive is indeed the drive that says "caution" on the screenshots. The failing hard drive is at disk1.
My question is :
Can I try cloning the failing disk to another new disk of the same model, to recover my data ? I guess I would have to break the array and recreate it ?
Is there any other solution, since the data seems to be readable (just not for very long) ?

2022-10-05 09_52_09-CrystalDiskInfo 8.12.6 x64.png

2022-10-05 09_52_16-CrystalDiskInfo 8.12.6 x64.png

2022-10-05 09_58_00-Calculadora.png

Stop the pc rn.

Hand it over to a data recovery agency. This thing is practically dead so any more load is sure to kill it and cloning is intense.

Let this be a lesson for the future about raid 0. Raid 0 is meant for performance and data that can be lost without any care.

You can try to initiate a clone in a none windows eviroment or a preboat kinda deal (this is to stop windows doing windows tasks) but I doubt it will finish.

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Stop the pc rn.

Hand it over to a data recovery agency. This thing is practically dead so any more load is sure to kill it and cloning is intense.

Let this be a lesson for the future about raid 0. Raid 0 is meant for performance and data that can be lost without any care.

You can try to initiate a clone in a none windows eviroment or a preboat kinda deal (this is to stop windows doing windows tasks) but I doubt it will finish.

If I do a clone it has to be the same model right ?

13 minutes ago, redcrit said:

The clone program shouldn't care, as long as the new drive has at least the current drive's size. The RAID controller might not like different models though, so an identical drive would be your best bet. However, there's no real guarantee the controller will even accept a cloned drive in place of the original one. And as @jaslion said, the stress of cloning might be enough to kill your drive for good.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

23 minutes ago, redcrit said:

No. Clones just want a drive with enough space on them so they can put everything there. Depending on the software they either want a equal or bigger driver or just want a drive where all occupied space fits on.

However for your raid even an identical drive can be seen as not compatible and the raid will be lost. So basically prepare for failiure its almost guaranteed.