Palit RTX 2070S X - How to reduce fanspeed and temps without sacrificing performance?

Doktor_KlingeL

Hello everyone.

Today I thought I could overclock my graphics card a little bit to get a decent boost in performance.

So I have run the OC Scanner from MSI Afterburner to get a curve and applied a offset on the memory clock (+800Mhz).

It seems to be working just fine and I did not get any crashes until now.

I have the fans of the graphics card set to be at max speed at 60°C.

At 100% fan speed and full load the temps are rising to max. 67°C.

And it stays at 67°C no matter how long I run a test.

(I have run the Komustor test. After 7 min it reached max temps and even an hour later it was still at 67°C.)

The issue I have is the constant max fan speed while gaming.

The jet engine like sound aside I dont think that it is healthy for the fan to blow at 100% constantly while gaming, right?

Any tips what I can do? It is a blow type cooler design with just one fan. Would it be possible to put another cooler on it?

Or what would you do in my place? Or do I just have to live with it and put it back to stock speeds to not go deaf and possibly destroy the cooler?

I have the Bequiet Pure Base 600 Case with 3 intake fans on the front and one exhaust fan at the back of the case.

Thats how it looks like:

Spoiler

2086793-l0.jpg

Here I have the automatic generated Voltage/frequency curve from MSI Afterburner, my fan curve and the MSI Kombustor Stress test (please ignore the red lines I drew with my mouse):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2ea8e5f8404d6854d09489e7f3e19b5f.png

2 minutes ago, Doktor_KlingeL said:

The jet engine like sound aside I dont think that it is healthy for the fan to blow at 100% constantly while gaming, right?

No it's ok, it's possible the fan could prematurely die but it's unlikely anyway.

The problem is that you'll have to dust them way more often if they always run so much...

Any tips what I can do? It is a blow type cooler design with just one fan. Would it be possible to put another cooler on it?

Or what would you do in my place? Or do I just have to live with it and put it back to stock speeds to not go deaf and possibly destroy the cooler?

Live with it, or just let the card only start going at max speed when it reaches, say, 80 degrees.

Avoid getting temps higher than 90, above should still work but is a bad idea.