Gigabit Connection

Rumman

I am currently using a Netgear router AC750 standard. But now I want to connect my PC through a gigabit LAN port. Though I don't want to switch my router. Can It be possible and reasonable to buy an ONU that has 2 LAN output and connect my PC directly with ONU. In that way could I establish a Gigabit connection with the ONU?

Actually, I don't want to switch from the Netgear router for its stability. And also buying a new Netgear router with a gigabit port will cost more that I want to spend now. Though primarily I consider buying TP-Link Archar C6.

Or Should I buy TP-Link Archar C6 dumping the old router Netgear AC750?

What exact router is that Netgear? It doesn't have multiple ethernet ports? Any router should have at least one Lan and one Wan port.

2 minutes ago, Sjaakie said:

What exact router is that Netgear? It doesn't have multiple ethernet ports? Any router should have at least one Lan and one Wan port.

The Netgear in question only has Fast Ethernet not gigabit ports

OP, dump the netgear and get the TP-Link C6

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

14 minutes ago, Sjaakie said:

It has WAN and multiple LAN port but not Gigabit LAN port I mean.

15 minutes ago, Rumman said:

In that way could I establish a Gigabit connection with the ONU?

You don't need fibre-optic to attain gigabit speeds. Cat5e ethernet or better can do this as long as both ends can negotiate at 1Gbps.

If the Archer C6 is within your budget then go for it. It can achieve close to gigabit on a LAN-to-LAN (900+/900+ Mbps) wired connection. The performance on WAN-to-LAN drops a little (800+/400+ Mbps), but if your internet connection doesn't exceed that, this isn't a problem anyway.