Asus C423na stuck in reboot loop

Ethnod
Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can help here.

I'm attempting to fix an Asus Chromebook C423na that is stuck in a reboot loop.

The machine is jusr rebooting constantly, I can't get to the reset screen, as much as I've tried. The recover screen is not an issue, ive created a recovery USB key for this model and while it works (as in the recovery process) whrnwhen rebooted it just goes back in to its reboot loop.
I'm looking to do a complete wipe and start again but as I can't get into the OS I can't use powerwash.
Anyone know how to do a wipe without getting into the OS?

IMG_20221002_134015.jpg

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

8 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

A quick bit of research, gave me this article:

https://www.howtogeek.com/190645/how-to-factory-reset-a-chromebook-even-if-it-wont-boot/

HowToGeek is a great resource and I've used their advice often with great results.

Thank you for the reply and link. Unfortunately it's no help at all. I've tried the refresh button with the power button but nothing happens, just reboots and goes back into its reboot loop. The action of pressing the power button resets the loop but does not stop it of Brigg up the reset menu. I've even hit if multiple times thinking if there is nothing else causing the boot bit the reset sequence the menu will them come up but no, all I get is the reboot loop and the screen shown attached for about 1-2 secs and then back to rebooting. 

The recovery menu comes up every time but using the recovery usb I created solves nothing, it goes through its sequence, tells me it all went well, I remove the USB key and we are back to the reboot loop 😔

Anyone else have any thoughts? 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Also, just in case I did not make this clear. I followed the hard reset guide. I disconnected the battery too. Nothing. 

I also can get it to load the recovery screen (esc + refresh + power) every time, but never the reset menu (refresh + power). 

Even tried rebooting into the reset menu from the recovery menu but back to the reboot loop

I'm completely at a loss (it's also rekindled my hatred for these kinds of closed off hardware products, if this was a normal laptop it would not be an issue)