Any changes to be made in my PC?

Alchemy_OG

PC Spec:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx L240 V2

Mobo: ASUS TUF B550 Plus

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500gb NVMe M.2

PSU: Corsair TX750M

So this is my spec. Whenever I try to play high-end games like Forza Horizon 5 or GTA 5, sometimes they give me a pop-up alert in-game saying I'm using a lot of VRAM or most of the times the games just crash and closes the application. I feel like one or multiple components might need to be changed, starting with motherboard I think...

Can anyone please tell me what should I do?

All of your components should work just fine with each other. This is probably more of a question for the the troubleshooting tab

1 hour ago, Alchemy_OG said:

they give me a pop-up alert in-game saying I'm using a lot of VRAM

you’re using too much VRAM. The 3070 only has 8gb of VRAM so ultra settings might be using too much, especially at 1440p or 4k. On my 3070 I run 1440p so Bright Memory Infinite, SOTTR, and MSFS use too much VRAM on ultra (with RTX in BMI and SOTTR). You just need to turn the settings down to medium-high rather than ultra. 

Your PC is fine if you're on 1440p, but 4K, that is another matter.

You did not mention resolution so I'd assume 1440p, FH5 have memory leak issues, you need to turn off resizable bar, that thing leaks VRAM which causes those messages. IDK about GTA V, but that game is too old to consume 8GB of VRAM for 1440p.

These kind of issues are mostly software related, be it game issue or the drivers issue. Hardware is not at fault.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

10 hours ago, Alchemy_OG said:

PC Spec:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

CPU Cooler: Deepcool Gammaxx L240 V2

Mobo: ASUS TUF B550 Plus

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz 16GB (2 x 8GB)

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 500gb NVMe M.2

PSU: Corsair TX750M

So this is my spec. Whenever I try to play high-end games like Forza Horizon 5 or GTA 5, sometimes they give me a pop-up alert in-game saying I'm using a lot of VRAM or most of the times the games just crash and closes the application. I feel like one or multiple components might need to be changed, starting with motherboard I think...

Can anyone please tell me what should I do?

you have the specs which I want to build a new pc

10 hours ago, Ryuikko said:

All of your components should work just fine with each other. This is probably more of a question for the the troubleshooting tab

oh right thanks and sorry about posting in the wrong section.

9 hours ago, NF-A12x25 said:

you’re using too much VRAM. The 3070 only has 8gb of VRAM so ultra settings might be using too much, especially at 1440p or 4k. On my 3070 I run 1440p so Bright Memory Infinite, SOTTR, and MSFS use too much VRAM on ultra (with RTX in BMI and SOTTR). You just need to turn the settings down to medium-high rather than ultra. 

oh then i think a higher GPU is needed to get 4K. I thought i could use my 3070 to it's full potential-ish. 1440p is also not bad but i need to stabilize it at 1440p rather than crashing the game or lowering the FPS.

Thanks though! i will try to optimize the settings to medium-high.

9 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Your PC is fine if you're on 1440p, but 4K, that is another matter.

You did not mention resolution so I'd assume 1440p, FH5 have memory leak issues, you need to turn off resizable bar, that thing leaks VRAM which causes those messages. IDK about GTA V, but that game is too old to consume 8GB of VRAM for 1440p.

These kind of issues are mostly software related, be it game issue or the drivers issue. Hardware is not at fault.

i see.. so it's the software, i do have an issue with the Windows OS, apparently it does this split second of slow motion thing all over the system. That is lag but not really sure if it is that. So i thought maybe i made a mistake getting the wrong motherboard.

I'd try resetting windows first, if it doesn't fix the issue, then maybe hardware is faulty. But I highly doubt that it is, if anything, maybe RAM is not in the verified compatibility list from the motherboard. Weird unexplained issues could be caused by this. 

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home