Experiencing artifacts on a 3080TI SUPRIM X from MSI, its only 14 months old.

MultiGamerClub

In the midst of 3000-series being ruled out, my own 3080ti is causing alot of artifacts right now all of a sudden.

I have been running the card earlier at 50 to 60% power throttle on it, then i took it up to 70% but now its giving me some weird artifacts all over the monitor.

Will i most likely have to RMA it?

Will try to re-install drivers and not use any throttle limiters on it to see if it helps anything.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

8 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

In the midst of 3000-series being ruled out, my own 3080ti is causing alot of artifacts right now all of a sudden.

I have been running the card earlier at 50 to 60% power throttle on it, then i took it up to 70% but now its giving me some weird artifacts all over the monitor.

Will i most likely have to RMA it?

Will try to re-install drivers and not use any throttle limiters on it to see if it helps anything.

Revert the settings back to stock, if it still artifacts or even crashes, it's probably an RMA.

DDU first and clean install the drivers.

4 hours ago, Naijin said:

Revert the settings back to stock, if it still artifacts or even crashes, it's probably an RMA.

DDU first and clean install the drivers.

I don't overclock either, so it worries me.

Did DDU and running on 100% thermal setting and not 70%.

Hoping it was only a minor issue.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

14 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

I don't overclock either, so it worries me.

Did DDU and running on 100% thermal setting and not 70%.

Hoping it was only a minor issue.

The card will automatically overclock itself when thermals and power allow it, this is by design. If the card is giving artifacts it's usually hardware related.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:55 AM, Naijin said:

The card will automatically overclock itself when thermals and power allow it, this is by design. If the card is giving artifacts it's usually hardware related.

shit..

rma'ing the card now with big shortages incoming is suicide haha xD

Will ask the store if they can send a replacement if it needs to be checked throughly.