Bmg cpu

Mii Cube

My friend wants help with building a pc and plays bmg, I've heard it's more CPU intensive, is it better for more cores or faster cores , if so any recommendations, (total budget he sent is £2k)

You mean BeamNG? That game is a thread eater so you'll want lots of cores/threads. You'd probably want AMD Ryzen since it's more mutithread oriented as compared to Intel on desktop. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

A Ryzen 5 5600X would be a good place to start, considering your budget you could probably go for a beefier cpu.
You'd still want a decent gpu, while it's not a heavily graphically demanding game, a card on the same level as a 1050 won't allow for maxed out settings without having to take an fps hit, and BeamNG gets very unplayable once you are in sub 20fps territory due to input lag.
Something speced out similar to my system can handle the game quite well with most of my setting maxed out except for dynamic reflections ( I find there's only so far that's really worth pushing) and a decent amount of ai traffic and parked cars on screen with simplified physics.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect