High temps

I bought an ABS pc about a year ago, I noticed that the pump was sounding funny but this was my first water cooled PC. Eventually the pump gave out and stopped working, I replaced it with a new Corsair water cooler. After a while the pc still wasn’t staying as cool, idle temps were at 55 and gaming temps were almost reaching 70. Wasn’t sure what was going on, one day while my pc was on the Corsair water color started flashing red as if there was an issue and the pc was burning hot. I then went a bought a Noctua NH-U12A. First couple of days the temps were great! Highest temps were 53 on the CPU. But today my idle temp is 54 and when trying to game the temps were hitting 75. I have no clue what is going on, is there anything that I could change in settings maybe? I have a gigabyte Altus motherboard With a rtx3080, i7 10700K, 16gb RAM. My air cooler is a Noctua NH-U12A. Any help is appreciated.

75C is fine for any CPU, for a 10700K, 75C under load is nothing to be concerned about. 

Chasing lower temps is a fool's errand, mostly just for fun with little to no benefit. 

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

57 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

75C is fine for any CPU, for a 10700K, 75C under load is nothing to be concerned about. 

Yes, but idle temps of 54C is terrible. With a 12700KF w/Thermal Grizzly mounting bracket, all in a decent case and cooled with the NH-U12A my temps idle at no more than 30-35 celsius, generally closer to 25 in the winter, and that’s with a mild overclock of 5GHz (with an undervolt)

@BollyWood401 it could be a lack of airflow in the case or a bad thermal paste application- I’d check that. Or maybe your mounting pressure is bad. Try redoing the mounting hardware and repasting.

Although, if you live in a very hot climate these temperatures could be normal. For example, if you’re in a room that’s 35 degrees Celsius, the air can take only so much heat from the cooler. I live in a cold climate so ambient temperatures are low, generally around 20 celsius indoors at the very height of summer, as low as 15 or even less in the winter (with heating!)

10 minutes ago, NF-A12x25 said:

Yes, but idle temps of 54C is terrible. @BollyWood401 it could be a lack of airflow in the case or a bad thermal paste application- I’d check that. Or maybe your mounting pressure is bad. Try redoing the mounting hardware and repasting.

How is it bad? It's an 8C/16T CPU with air cooler. I'd bet that the fan curve is set to very low for idle operation, therefore the 50C idle temp. My 12400 with low RPM fan curve idles at 42-48C, with high RPM it could get down to 35-38C.

If the mounting pressure or thermal paste application is bad, max temps would not be 75C, believe me, my 12400 with poor cooler installation gets up to 100C, imagine a 10700K.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home