Backpack wave 1 - delay

Xantros

On the latest WAN show Linus mentioned that there is a delay with wave 1 and some backpacks won’t be sent out by September 20th. Has there been any update from LTT on this? Was looking to get it to have it ready for a long trip I am going on in November, so getting really nervous.  May have to buy a cheap backpack in the meantime, as my current one has a broken strap.

If it comes down to the wire you could probably fix the strap with a needle and some dental floss

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Same question but about the second wave 🙂 

I ordered a backpack and a water bottle during the second wave (that would be the 03 or 04 august) and to this day the backpack is still on "preparing for shipping".

I send an email to the support to ask if it was normal or not and while I did receive the automatic response, after one week I still haven't heard anything.

Does anyone has any real concret info ?

Ps: The bottle did arrives (with one broken handle and I had to pay tax but whatever at this point)

PPs: anyone knows what kind of plastic is used for the handle ? So I know if a specific glue could fix it.

---------------------------------------

So just to do my due diligence, I went to check the others posts and great luck, one of them had the answer. It seems like all backpack shipping have been slowed and the only place with the information about it is the store website page (the one about backpack) lttsore.com

Very weird way to tell it to your clients but I guess LTT isn't yet at their best as a big industrial seller.

Edited by SergeDev
Asking info for fixing broken bottle handle - found the answer to the original question

1 hour ago, SergeDev said:

Very weird way to tell it to your clients but I guess LTT isn't yet at their best as a big industrial seller.

It’s been pretty clear since the beginning on the backpack product page that the backpack is currently on backorder and won’t be shipping for quite some time.

23 minutes ago, DeltaBruggemann said:

It’s been pretty clear since the beginning on the backpack product page that the backpack is currently on backorder and won’t be shipping for quite some time.

We get it is a back order, but it would be great to get an update if the estimated shipping date has slipped.  

Just looking for a revised estimate beyond the comment on the WAN show saying it will be delayed further.

46 minutes ago, Xantros said:

We get it is a back order, but it would be great to get an update if the estimated shipping date has slipped.  

Just looking for a revised estimate beyond the comment on the WAN show saying it will be delayed further.

The person I quoted actually didn't know it was backorder and it's been quite a common occurrence.

The dates they have listed are estimates and at the moment they probably can't give any more solid dates due to the ongoing issues with global logistics.

From the most recent email from @nicklmg

Unfortunately, we have to share some bad news today. Due to a large number of port delays in Vancouver we are going to miss the September 20 ship date for the remainder of wave 1 backpacks.

We're just as disappointed as anyone to deliver this news. At this point, all we can offer is total transparency on what has happened so far. Shipping delays are familiar in our business, and we allocated what felt like an appropriate buffer for those expected delays - our first shipment of backpacks was supposed to arrive by August 28, and we felt that 3 weeks (plus a few days to ship the backpacks out from our warehouse) would be enough to cover any standard delay, given current market conditions. Unfortunately, 3 weeks was not enough in this case as we're seeing delays of over 6 weeks on this first shipment of backpacks. Here is the series of updates we've received from our shipper over the last few months:

ecf661c8-bd32-4008-b904-3957d94e9278.png

Port appointments and updates can be somewhat random in this industry, so we were hoping that adjustments to other shipments would cause backpacks which were meant for subsequent waves to arrive prior to this group, which would then be used to fill wave 1 orders. We have received 2 containers of backpacks so far (which have been shipped out to the first 3,000 wave 1 customers), but we're still waiting on the bulk of these shipments as all active vessels are experiencing port delays.

As more containers arrive, you will still be the first shipments out the door from our warehouse. Holding your place in line here will still be the fastest way to get your LTT backpack. Based on current estimates, we expect to have all wave 1 backpacks shipped out in early October, assuming that currently posted delivery schedules hold up.

We sincerely apologize for the delay here, and we appreciate your patience as we continue working to expedite the process on our side.

21 minutes ago, Naith123 said:

From the most recent email from @nicklmg

Unfortunately, we have to share some bad news today. Due to a large number of port delays in Vancouver we are going to miss the September 20 ship date for the remainder of wave 1 backpacks.

We're just as disappointed as anyone to deliver this news. At this point, all we can offer is total transparency on what has happened so far. Shipping delays are familiar in our business, and we allocated what felt like an appropriate buffer for those expected delays - our first shipment of backpacks was supposed to arrive by August 28, and we felt that 3 weeks (plus a few days to ship the backpacks out from our warehouse) would be enough to cover any standard delay, given current market conditions. Unfortunately, 3 weeks was not enough in this case as we're seeing delays of over 6 weeks on this first shipment of backpacks. Here is the series of updates we've received from our shipper over the last few months:
Port appointments and updates can be somewhat random in this industry, so we were hoping that adjustments to other shipments would cause backpacks which were meant for subsequent waves to arrive prior to this group, which would then be used to fill wave 1 orders. We have received 2 containers of backpacks so far (which have been shipped out to the first 3,000 wave 1 customers), but we're still waiting on the bulk of these shipments as all active vessels are experiencing port delays.

As more containers arrive, you will still be the first shipments out the door from our warehouse. Holding your place in line here will still be the fastest way to get your LTT backpack. Based on current estimates, we expect to have all wave 1 backpacks shipped out in early October, assuming that currently posted delivery schedules hold up.

We sincerely apologize for the delay here, and we appreciate your patience as we continue working to expedite the process on our side.

What does that mean?

14 minutes ago, ccs46 said:

What does that mean?

Based on current estimates, we expect to have all wave 1 backpacks shipped out in early October, assuming that currently posted delivery schedules hold up.

15 minutes ago, Naith123 said:

Based on current estimates, we expect to have all wave 1 backpacks shipped out in early October, assuming that currently posted delivery schedules hold up.

Ohh. I didn't even see there was text under that photo. It's all white text and I couldn't see it. 

For anyone else struggling to see it, here is the e-mail:

Hey everyone,

Thanks,
Nick Light
COO, lttstore.com

Thank you for posting this. I was looking for an update today, and then saw the delay on LTTStore.com. Did they blanket out an email to everyone with a Wave 1 order? If not, that should be considered to get keep everyone up to date. 

Thanks for posting, I came today looking to see if there was any updates.  Sucks, but unfortunately it is what it is.  Hopefully they arrive sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, 4P3t3sSake said:

Thank you for posting this. I was looking for an update today, and then saw the delay on LTTStore.com. Did they blanket out an email to everyone with a Wave 1 order? If not, that should be considered to get keep everyone up to date. 

I think they did I checked and it incorrectly got put in my spam folder so that's why I didn't know about it.

4 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

I think they did I checked and it incorrectly got put in my spam folder so that's why I didn't know about it.

Can confirm.  Even though both DKIM and SPF passed, Gmail elected to flag it as spam.  I only look there every couple of weeks if that, so I could have easily missed it as well.

14 hours ago, Beerbuddy said:

I would like to assemble a team to go to the port and retrieve the backpacks. 

Heh, good luck. I've got close to 50 cans stuck at both GCT Van Term and DP World for the past couple months. Product I need but can't access yet.

Server - 10850K   |   Daily - 12700k  |  Gaming - Steam Deck