Antlion mic picked up on pc but not picking up sound

AwestruckWEEB

so not much I have a antlion modmic that I can see the pc notices it but doesn't pick sound. troubleshooting doesn't work since the PC sees it working perfectly.

tried physically resetting the modmic, removing it on pc electronically, and then physically remove it and plug it back in. restarting my computer. but the computer does pick up sound through my lg webcam.

windows did have an update

Do you have another device you can try that mic with?

Which version of the ModMic do you have? (USB, analog, wireless?)

Are you changing your sound settings to use the ModMic as the default input device?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

5 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

another device with mic to see if it picks up the other device? well thats what I did with webcam. a logi, I got from office depot for $50, and the pc picks up that one. dont have another device to test with aside from the webcam.

the wireless one with the flashing blue light for bluetooth

Are you changing your sound settings to use the ModMic as the default input device?

in sound. it shows as default with the green checkmark . I have also logi webcam plugged in and it shows sound coming out of the webcam but not the modmic..

the only other thing to add is that I've been using voicemeeter for a while but only for output

What type of plug is it? If it's the 4-pole one shown, you may need an adapter to split to a mono mic input and a stereo headphone output (not the one shown to the right)

image.png.8d2730b592a75b3d91cb1d233bd9cfe5.png

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

9 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

What type of plug is it? If it's the 4-pole one shown, you may need an adapter to split to a mono mic input and a stereo headphone output (not the one shown to the right)

image.png.8d2730b592a75b3d91cb1d233bd9cfe5.png

its connected through it's usb bluetooth