Replacing the PS4 Pro PSU with an ATX PSU

Go to solution Solved by see you next friday,

I managed to get mine running again by following these instructions from this post.

spacer.png

I have yet to get the transistor so I currently have to switch off the PSU power to stop the PS4 fan.

IMG_20220926_174222.thumb.jpg.b05a550f0f6b4bd3bac566e34425d43c.jpg

The system turns on and works well enough. I will make it look a bit tidier and re-route some of the cables. Perhaps I will use the unused 5V wires for some RGB or something in the future.

Other details: The original power supply model is ADP-300CR

I wish to do some soldering to make an adapter for my PS4 Pro. The original power supply is broken and needs to be replaced.

spacer.png

I have cables such as these lying around but I am uncertain of the pin-outs on the PS4 Pro. I do not have a multimeter.

I found this video on the subject earlier but their console seems slightly different from mine. Is it still viable to just follow the instructions on the video. Has anyone replaced an ADP-300CR before? I also found this blog post on the subject but I'm afraid I found it a bit confusing.

Please help me get my PS4 Pro working again.

8 hours ago, see you next friday said:

Do you have a link?

Look on ebay plenty available.

How do you know your psu is dead since you dont have a meter?

5 hours ago, jaslion said:

Look on ebay plenty available.

How do you know your psu is dead since you dont have a meter?

The cheapest unit I can find on ebay is 62€ which is pretty much the same as a standard PS4 and therefore too much for a power supply. I know it is dead since I broke it myself by accident and it no longer works.

62 euro for a psu aint bad at all. Get that the price of a GOOD atx psu + adapter + cables+ volt meter (yes you need it) + soldering equipment is gonna end up costing a lot more.

That and the psu wont fit in the ps4 pro like at all it's gonna be a very janky prone to break hazard at the back.

21 hours ago, jaslion said:

62 euro for a psu aint bad at all. Get that the price of a GOOD atx psu + adapter + cables+ volt meter (yes you need it) + soldering equipment is gonna end up costing a lot more.

That and the psu wont fit in the ps4 pro like at all it's gonna be a very janky prone to break hazard at the back.

I already have an ATX power supply, soldering equipment, connectors and wires. I have everything required to firmly attach the power supply on the PS4 Pro. The only thing I do not have is information on which wire to solder where.

I am not going to pay 62€ for PS4 Pro PSU. That is an insanely high price. I can get another whole PS4 Pro for ~80€.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get mine running again by following these instructions from this post.

spacer.png

I have yet to get the transistor so I currently have to switch off the PSU power to stop the PS4 fan.

IMG_20220926_174222.thumb.jpg.b05a550f0f6b4bd3bac566e34425d43c.jpg

The system turns on and works well enough. I will make it look a bit tidier and re-route some of the cables. Perhaps I will use the unused 5V wires for some RGB or something in the future.