Old Radio Sleeper

Weller40

Hello together,

I finally finished my sleeperpc. It took way too long and is really rough, if you look at it closely. I didnt took that many pictures, so you have to imagine a few steps.

I started with a old tuberadio, wich was dead. So i started with making place for the computerparts i wanted to put into it.20220914_194944.thumb.jpg.ceb461c06e011879a3f1c3b56346e652.jpg

For the parts i used mostly the parts i already had, which are:

- RTX 2060 Super

- Ryzen 5 3600

- 2x8GB Ram 4200Mhz

- B550 Phantom Gaming-Itx/ax Motherboard from ASRock

- and a Coolermaster 750W Powersupply

I also needed:

- a ryzercable

- a fanhub

- and a few longer cables for the powersupply

This is the biggest part, which was pretty dusty, like anything on the inside of the case. It looks pretty Janky with all  the cables, tubes and giant condensators. But this was the state of the art in the 1950/60 from with this one is.

20211228_222814.thumb.jpg.6838561f58fbc5bd204d93576d15a9ba.jpg

The traces on the bottom are also not, what we are used to today.

20220914_230507.thumb.jpg.a09986a2d474bbb15420f2fd96dffa43.jpg

But back to the building of the pc. At first i needed to figure out, how to cool the thing.

I decided, that i would pull in air through the fabric, which was in front of the speakers and push it out through a hole in the bottom. The fans are mounted on a flat piece of wood and srewed into place.

Air_Input.thumb.jpg.39bb094a337cd5e803fd98b1695e49fe.jpg

After that i needed to place the components in the case. My goal was, that you cant see anything unusual from the front. I think i got it mostly.

For the graphicscard my choices were to put the ports on the side or on the top, because it was way too long, to have the ports in the back.

I choose to put the ports on the top, because the top is one of the only flat surfaces on the case, witch would make it way easyer to mount it. So i cut a hole for the card on the top. To fit the card in i also needed to remove the shroud on it.

With the graphicscard in place there were only two places for the motherboard. I put it on the left because why not. The cooling on the cpu is bad. I know that. If you got an idea, how the cooler can be rotated, you can comment it.

While we are on the part of the cooling. The airflow isnt that great. There are four intake fans, but the cloth is really thick. I thought there wold be more air going through it.

The powersupply was mounted on the other side and all was cabled up.

To turn it on i wanted to be able to use one of the buttons/levers on the front beacause they have a really great feeling and sound.

The problem here was, that they stay in place, till you push an other lever to reset them. So i experimented with an extra circuit to turn it into a pulse. In the end i damaged the mechanism of the levers, so that they dont stay in place and go back as soon as  you release them.

Now for the finished thing. If you dont look close enough it isnt that bad.

Vorne.thumb.jpg.dcb4747abd840b69304ab993c2422d32.jpg

Hochkant.thumb.jpg.799ad424203c75465e788bab68799f5e.jpg

THIS IS SIIIICK!! I absolutely love it. You should add a small BT Speaker and mess with people with it as well then turn it on and play some Red Dead 2

Marline
Top Loop:
Thermaltake Pacific PR2U Dual 5.25" Bay D5 Pump/Resorvior Combo / EK ZMT Tubing / A mixture of Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings Bit Fenix and Alpha Cool / Alphacool NexXxos 280mm 45mm Thick Copper Pass-through Radiator / Alphacool NexXxos 140mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / XSPC G1/4 1/2ID Chrome Compression Fittings / Freeze Mod AM4 CPU Waterblock / 3x Noctua Redux 140mm fans
The Bottom: 
Custom Made 2mm Thick Steel PSU Shroud / Aqua Computer Aqua Tube POM Reservoir / Alphacool Eisdeck 5 w/D5 655 Pump / EK ZMT Tubing / Alphacool 45° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Bitfenix 90° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Alphacool Chrome Plates Brass Pass Through Fittings / Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnects / Bitfenix Full Cover Water Block 2080ti / Alphacool NexXxos 200mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / Noctua Chromax 200mm Fan / The fluid I used for both was EK Cryofuel Acid Green
Computer Specs:
Thermaltake F31 Suppressor / Ryzen 9 3950X / 32gb G. Skill 3200mhz RAM / Asus B550-E motherboard / Zotac RTX 2080 ti 11gb / EVGA 1000 GS PSU / Samsung 970 Evo Gen3 NVMe SSD / Western Digital SN850X Gen 4 NVMe SSD / 4x PNY 120 gb SSDs in RAID 0 / 1x Spectre 512gb SSD / 1x Patriot 240gb SSD / 1x 1Tb Western Digital Black 7200RPM HDD / 1x 2Tb Seagate 5400RPM HDD / Windows 10

5 hours ago, Rivettz said:

THIS IS SIIIICK!! I absolutely love it. You should add a small BT Speaker and mess with people with it as well then turn it on and play some Red Dead 2

Yes. I should build in some sort of speakers. Maybe a digital radio or some speakers connected to the PC.  

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

If you add this to the back, and have the fans be 2 pull 2 push, get the cutouts for the plugs and it would look like a museum piece

https://www.amazon.com/Ampersand-Museum-Hardbord-Painting-Mounting/dp/B0027ACEHS?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I give you one better. I still have the original backcover. I would need to make a cutout.