OLED Laptop Guidance

Ak1780

Hey guys so I brought a laptop recently, its the Asus Vivobook pro 15 OLED and this is my first time using a OLED laptop and I just wanted a little description on how all the MyAsus OLED features worked like pixel shift and OLED flicker free dimming(especially this), at what level should I keep that feature to prolong the life of my display, also on a more general topic could someone tell me how I can prolong my battery health, I hear the 80/40 rule and,"dont keep your charger plugged in after 100%." and all, I feel very confused since I want to game a little too on this laptop. What should I do?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Ak1780 said:

Hey guys so I brought a laptop recently, its the Asus Vivobook pro 15 OLED and this is my first time using a OLED laptop and I just wanted a little description on how all the MyAsus OLED features worked like pixel shift and OLED flicker free dimming(especially this), at what level should I keep that feature to prolong the life of my display, also on a more general topic could someone tell me how I can prolong my battery health, I hear the 80/40 rule and,"dont keep your charger plugged in after 100%." and all, I feel very confused since I want to game a little too on this laptop. What should I do?

Thanks in advance

You can check in MyAsus if there's a menu where you can adjust to where your battery will charge. I have an asus ROG Strix G17 and I have it set to only charge to 80% and I haven't really lost any capacity after almost 2 years of use. 80/40 is for the longest possible life of the battery but it doesn't matter too much if you discharge it to 0% as long as you don't keep it at 0% for more than a few days

Oh okay thanks, I'll keep it at 80%, could anyone tell me about the OLED flicker free dimming and what I should keep it at if I use my display on around 40-70% brightness