vcore/cache LLC

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,

I use over decade old boards without llc since its either full llc or no llc which is pretty terrible

No llc even with 0.08v vdroop is still better at oc from my experience vs llc, but this is decade old stuff, i think the standard for new stuff is to have some llc but not just full llc to the point that theres no vdroop, something to do with vrms but i forgot what, so vdroop to a volt is better than llcing to a volt

awhile ago i was screwing around with my good sample pentium e5400 it can do 4.5g bench stable at 1.52v but when i enabled llc and set 1.52v yea didnt work and it just crashed as soon as i loaded the cpu, and this is on an asus p5q and asus are appaently known to have pretty good llc profile even on the older boards

Assuming the motherboard has an overkill VRM LLC the best of the best... what is better for overclocking regardless safety:

higher LLC level or higher vcore/cache?

what gotta be more power efficient:

going higher on LLC or simply increasing vcore/cache? does it depends on the phase design or it is just simpler than that?

I use over decade old boards without llc since its either full llc or no llc which is pretty terrible

No llc even with 0.08v vdroop is still better at oc from my experience vs llc, but this is decade old stuff, i think the standard for new stuff is to have some llc but not just full llc to the point that theres no vdroop, something to do with vrms but i forgot what, so vdroop to a volt is better than llcing to a volt

awhile ago i was screwing around with my good sample pentium e5400 it can do 4.5g bench stable at 1.52v but when i enabled llc and set 1.52v yea didnt work and it just crashed as soon as i loaded the cpu, and this is on an asus p5q and asus are appaently known to have pretty good llc profile even on the older boards

17 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Thanks for sharing your experience 🙂