Realme Pad vs Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 vs Huawei MatePad

VoidThinker

Realme Pad (IPS, 10.4 inch, 4GB RAM, 4 speakers)

Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (TFT LCD,10.5 inch, 3GB RAM, 4 speakers)

Huawei MatePad (IPS, 10.4 inch, 4GB RAM, 4 speakers, no Google services)

Comparasion

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=11084&idPhone2=11343&idPhone3=11525

Tablet will be used for watching movies in dark room, surfing and watching YouTube videos. They have very similar price.

Who has the best picture and sound quality? Which one to choose?

The A8 has quite a bad screen as I saw it on display in a shop. The MatePad is from huawei and huawei is quite done for, if you don't have google services you are in for one heck of a strugle. The Realme Pad is the one device I have and the device I would suggest getting. It has good battery life and the speakers are quite good (not iPad level but more than your average phone). Also the screen gets quite dim if that's something you are looking for.

P.S if you need any more info about it just let me know

Huawei doesnt get google services so yeah thats basically out of the question.

The a8s screen is actual garbage and I cant believe that is still showing up on a tab in 2022.

The realme is better but not great either. However of the 3 its the least bad one

56 minutes ago, Albert F said:

The A8 has quite a bad screen as I saw it on display in a shop. The MatePad is from huawei and huawei is quite done for, if you don't have google services you are in for one heck of a strugle. The Realme Pad is the one device I have and the device I would suggest getting. It has good battery life and the speakers are quite good (not iPad level but more than your average phone). Also the screen gets quite dim if that's something you are looking for.

P.S if you need any more info about it just let me know

What do mean by quiet dim? Not too bright in dark?

On 8/29/2022 at 1:18 PM, VoidThinker said:

What do mean by quiet dim? Not too bright in dark?

Quite* that's a spelling mistake from my end

• 1 month later...

The comparison is actually for the S8 , not the A8 model, which one did you meant ? 🙂

I own the A8 / SM-X200 and I am mostly happy with it, except the lack of memory - mine is the 32GB version, although it has a microSD card slot.

It also has Dolby Atmos surround and it does its job. The presence of 3.5 mm audio jack is also worth mentioning.

As a con - the charging is rather slow, and the responsiveness is not perfect but for this price I am not much suprised.