Hi! New to this ethernet stuff.

Yashiees

I'm going to sound like a absolute noob. BUT!

My router is quite far from my pc, I have been on wifi and its getting quiet shit now. I want to connect a ethernet cable from my router to my pc.

What do I need? Just a simple ethernet cable? 

Sorry to bother. thank you so much.

Yes, just connect the cable, you could also get wi fi range extender for 30£

Ethernet cable has a limitation on length without an active signal repeater (arround 100m).

You just need to grab a long cable, connect it to the router and to your computer.
If you are going to buy one, make sure it is at least CAT5e (1 gigabit speeds capable).

Other options:

- As DemiGod said, WiFi Range extender

- PLC --> uses your electricity cables as ethernet cables.

TP-Link kit extensor Powerline PLC C/Pass Through - Vodafone Tienda de  Accesorios

3700x PBO stock | b550-f | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200MHz | RTX 4080 Asus TUF OC | SN 850X 2TB - SN 850 1T | Cooler Master XG 850w Platinum PSU

17 minutes ago, Yashiees said:

What do I need? Just a simple ethernet cable? 

Yes, to simplify the multiple options you can buy, get a Cat5e or Cat6 cable. Those are fairly modern standards that will have no problem with high bandwidth.

It helps to run the cable along the edge of a wall to keep it subtle. Plan your cable length based on that 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

59 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Yes, to simplify the multiple options you can buy, get a Cat5e or Cat6 cable. Those are fairly modern standards that will have no problem with high bandwidth.

It helps to run the cable along the edge of a wall to keep it subtle. Plan your cable length based on that 

It wont make a difference if i get a cat 6 flat cable? it wont look like shit and it will easily fit through the doors.

Just now, Yashiees said:

It wont make a difference if i get a cat 6 flat cable? it wont look like shit and it will easily fit through the doors.

Flat cables are just fine. And Cat6 is Cat6 regardless of the shape, as long as it's up to spec.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, Yashiees said:

would this be great for gaming and streaming?

Any Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable will work the same for gaming and streaming.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

37 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Any Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable will work the same for gaming and streaming.

*Assuming no false advertising 

Primary PC:

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

*Assuming no false advertising 

That should go without saying!

Of course, "CAT 11 UBER GAMING RGB PATCH JUMPER CABLE" that's just satin cord won't help.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.