Couldn't Wake Laptop With Keyboard And Mouse On Windows 11 Laptop

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
4 hours ago, PiberiusWilde said:

I've been really irritated recently with Windows 11. I've been using my laptop with an external monitor for quite a while now. And I usually kept the laptop closed for most of the time. For convenience I usually put my laptop to sleep when I'm done (If there is a way to power on a laptop without pressing the power button please let me know, LOL). To power it off would rather inconvenient, because I have to open and closed the laptop. I recently upgraded to a Windows 11 laptop.

For some reason it wont woke up when I pressed my keyboard (external) or mouse, heck even sometimes when I pressed the laptop's keyboard it also wont wake up. I have to press the power button to wake it up from sleep. I never had this problem with any windows 10 devices. Only windows 11 that had been having this issue. Please is there a fox to this? I want to be able to wake up the laptop using an external keyboard or mouse.

For the power plan/scheme you are using:

• Make sure Hybrid Sleep is disabled (this features will hibernate the system from sleep, and is normal to require to press the power button to wake up the system. Even on a desktop
  • Make sure that 'USB selective suspend setting' is disabled (this cuts the power of USB devices when in sleep, and so, if enabled, while sleeping, the keyboard and mouse aren't powered, and so can't wake up the system.

Beside that you need to open Device Manager, and under each USB devices and your keyboard and mouse property panel, under "Power Management" tab (won't be available for all items, that is fine and expected) make sure they set to not be turned off while system sleep, and, for the devices where you have the option, enable waking up the system.

Lastly, check your laptop UEFI / BIOS, to see for similar options as above, so that USB ports remained powered while sleeping, and can wake up the system.

I've been really irritated recently with Windows 11. I've been using my laptop with an external monitor for quite a while now. And I usually kept the laptop closed for most of the time. For convenience I usually put my laptop to sleep when I'm done (If there is a way to power on a laptop without pressing the power button please let me know, LOL). To power it off would rather inconvenient, because I have to open and closed the laptop. I recently upgraded to a Windows 11 laptop.

For some reason it wont woke up when I pressed my keyboard (external) or mouse, heck even sometimes when I pressed the laptop's keyboard it also wont wake up. I have to press the power button to wake it up from sleep. I never had this problem with any windows 10 devices. Only windows 11 that had been having this issue. Please is there a fox to this? I want to be able to wake up the laptop using an external keyboard or mouse.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

if i remember windows 11 does not like being woke up or takes a fit if your hard drives/sdd's go to sleep try just closing the laptop to turn the screen off and google how to disable sleep in windows 11 and do it

Two possibilities occur to me.

First, I've read that with some machines, quick startup somehow causes issues with waking from sleep, and that disabling that can help this issue in some cases. It's supposed to be a common fix in Win10, it might work with Win11 also.

The other is that it may be possible to power down hard drives and the screen without entering sleep mode, which would reduce power consumption somewhat without risking the aforementioned issue.

My 5900X build had this problem, and I don't remember if disabling quick startup cured it or not, as I've had another issue with it that turned out to be related to RAM stability, and required swapping to a completely different RAM kit. I can say that today, it's running a fresh install that I believe I have yet to disable quick startup, and it does not have this problem now. So there could be some sort of instability issue if disabling fast startup doesn't fix it.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 hours ago, PiberiusWilde said:

For the power plan/scheme you are using:

• Make sure Hybrid Sleep is disabled (this features will hibernate the system from sleep, and is normal to require to press the power button to wake up the system. Even on a desktop
  • Make sure that 'USB selective suspend setting' is disabled (this cuts the power of USB devices when in sleep, and so, if enabled, while sleeping, the keyboard and mouse aren't powered, and so can't wake up the system.

Beside that you need to open Device Manager, and under each USB devices and your keyboard and mouse property panel, under "Power Management" tab (won't be available for all items, that is fine and expected) make sure they set to not be turned off while system sleep, and, for the devices where you have the option, enable waking up the system.

Lastly, check your laptop UEFI / BIOS, to see for similar options as above, so that USB ports remained powered while sleeping, and can wake up the system.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Hey it worked, thanks.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!