My motherboard beeps with no ram in, but it doesnt beep when it does have ram

Gonebeef

Hey guys recently built a new pc but it doesn't have any video output and the keyboard does not light up, doesnt boot to bios, but fans spin when powered on. It does not make any beeps when i have ram installed, and it beeps with no ram

Specs: 

Ryzen 5-5600g

Asrock B550 phantom gaming 4

1 stick of hyperx 8gb 3600mhz

Seasonic III 550 watts 80 plus bronze

No discrete gpu

It could be that the BIOS on the motherboard has not been updated from the factory to support 5000 series Ryzen. If you have access to a 3000 series CPU you could try and update the BIOS.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

It could be that the BIOS on the motherboard has not been updated from the factory to support 5000 series Ryzen. If you have access to a 3000 series CPU you could try and update the BIOS.

Ah rip i dont have access to a 3000 series cpu

1 minute ago, Gonebeef said:

Ah rip i dont have access to a 3000 series cpu

If you have a computer repair shop near you, maybe you could reaching out to them. Or even try contacting the place you bought the parts from.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

If you have a computer repair shop near you, maybe you could reaching out to them. Or even try contacting the place you bought the parts from.

Ah alright then thanks

It might be a stupid question, but can you try different RAM slots? Does it behave the same way in all of them?

Just now, Goowpea said:

It might be a stupid question, but can you try different RAM slots? Does it behave the same way in all of them?

I'll try

AMD used to offer a bios upgrade kit, basically they'd lend you the bottom end CPU in that generation to upgrade your mobo. Not sure if it's still a thing, might be worth looking into.

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans