Phanteks G360A temp lowering

Rustybeef

Hello everyone!
Just upgraded my PC to the following specs-

Ryzen 5600X
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Wifi

Scythe Fuma 2 Rev B

Cooler Master V750

Currently have a Zotac 1070 that I modded with old 120mm case fans that's plugged into the fan 3 header, but this will be swapped for a 1070 TI in a few days

Phanteks G360A

Currently the internal case temp is sitting around 40C. the CPU tends to idle a bit higher and I wanted to see if I can get it to below 40C. I have the default fan config and added a Arctic P12 slim on the back for exhaust. So 3 fans for intake and 1 for exhaust.

replace the slim fan with a stander fan. might be able to add a top front fan as intake too that's about it other then a different case, / cooler

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Idle temps don't mean much on Ryzen, what are your under load/gaming temps ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

6 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Idle temps don't mean much on Ryzen, what are your under load/gaming temps ?

the only reason i have any concern is that the GPU is also idling higher
Temps are fine, i think the highest I've seen in 68C

12 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

replace the slim fan with a stander fan. might be able to add a top front fan as intake too that's about it other then a different case, / cooler

the slim shouldn't really affect it that much

I feel like positive air pressure in this case may not be the best idea? When I had my RVZ01, you had to have all intake since it was slotted on the top and bottom.

6 minutes ago, Rustybeef said:

the slim shouldn't really affect it that much

I feel like positive air pressure in this case may not be the best idea? When I had my RVZ01, you had to have all intake since it was slotted on the top and bottom.

the RVZ01 is an orange and Phanteks G360A is an apple there not even comparable. in a small case you do w/e it take to get cooling...

to get better cooling in that case you would need better fans, faster fans, adjust the fans curves, better cpu cooler/ gpu with lower temps, under volt... i mean 40c is not a big deal imo...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, Rustybeef said:

the only reason i have any concern is that the GPU is also idling higher
Temps are fine, i think the highest I've seen in 68C

Then only bother to improve airflow inside the case around the GPU, but bad GPU temps may be cause of your GPU fan's jurryrigging 🙂, I bet it's a meh case fan, and you should use a good pressure optimized fan on it, like an Arctic P12

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Why would you need it to idle lower than 40C? I would just lower the fan speeds to something you can barely hear and have idle temps in 50:s.