App Permissions

Wellingtonzed

Hi there.

So here's the story. Only a few days ago, my laptop, a zephyrus GA502 bricked. Took it to memory express and they said the motherboard was done. It wouldn't even post! So at this point, I wanted to save what was in the SSD. So in order to do that, they would need to "release the permissions" and throw it in an SSD enclosure, which basically turns it into an external hard drive. easy peasy.

But, while they were releasing permissions, the laptop came back to life! huzzah! Its all fine and dandy too. So part-way through, they stopped having the permissions released. Except there is a slight issue. Some of the programs now don't work. and its kind of random. 

For example, Asus Armory crate or Microsoft Email dont work. Now this is fine, odds are I can just reinstall it and it would work again. Except those weren't the only programs. I can no longer even open images! Screenshots, PNGs, etc... Snip doesn't work either. the microsoft "Photos" app also probably had its permissions removed. And who knows what else doesn't work.

I suspect the reason is because they stopped releasing the permissions part way. So hence some apps just dont work. Yes, there is a chance that the critical failure is the cause, but my money is on them stopping the release of permissions part way, so only some programs don't work.

My question is this: is there a way to reenable permissions? I mean, im ok with re-installing some programs but, I don't know how to fix not being able to open images. And who knows what else has ceased to work! So like i said, my money is on permissions being released on some programs. 

The first image here is a pop-up when I start PC, and the second is when i try and open images.

Thanks2112112760_Screenshot(197).thumb.png.32643e670a21778bef783f7165e7ce28.png1279617550_Screenshot(198).thumb.png.eff3fb27956d0a51139278c6b4801d4a.png