pc kept rebooting randomly

mihawkeye40

im going crazy i dont know how to fix this anymore it just kept rebooting whenever it wants to whenever im playing a game, whenever my pc is on idle, whenever im browsing it would go on for months or weeks without any reboots also this started happening when i first install windows 10 could it be a setting there that i need to turn off to stop this because its happening to my sister's pc too when i install windows 10 on her laptop.

things that i already did

-replaced my psu 

-replaced my motherboard 

-tried plugging it on a different socket

-tried using an avr 

-no standoffs shorting my motherboard out

-all cables on my motherboard are connected properly

-tested my ram sticks on memtest and memory diagnostics (no problems found)

-cpu and gpu not overheating (cpu temp under load : 69-71c sometimes spiking to 75c gpu temp on furmark 60-61c i dont know what my gpu temp is really at since my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu cant use my gpu at 100% usage)

i really dont know what to do anymore could it be because my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu no way right? please help

1 hour ago, mihawkeye40 said:

i really dont know what to do anymore could it be because my cpu is bottlenecking my gpu no way right? please help

No.

What kind of outlet is you PC plugged into?  You should at least have a surge protected power strip with an indicator light for grounding.  It sounds like you might have inconsistent wall power and may benefit from using an uninterruptible power supply ( a small power storage unit between your PC and the wall to provide power when yours cut out for a moment.

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

i do have a surge protector my pc is plugged in on there but it still does reboots

@mihawkeye40, did you upgrade to Windows 10 or did you do fresh Windows 10 installation?

What version of Windows 10 did you install? (21H2? & prob. build number?)

Edited by kryllyn

11 hours ago, kryllyn said:

@mihawkeye40, did you upgrade to Windows 10 or did you do fresh Windows 10 installation?

What version of Windows 10 did you install? (21H2? & prob. build number?)

i did a fresh install it says version 21h2 and os build 19044.1889

Do you have maybe something like that in Windows Update menu?

11231s.thumb.jpg.4dabebf8037512ba09b2eaf3410572cf.jpgasdf1.thumb.jpg.43b463ab3ad7f4abd5245cc2c3f00ef3.jpg

no it says im up to date also when i was looking around in the system properties and then on the system recovery i saw a setting called automatically restart should i try turning off that setting?

tried turning the setting off it still reboots anyone help?

• 4 weeks later...

also before my cpu was running without any thermal paste i had no idea because this pc it was given to me and i game on it alot so maybe the cpu is dying can a dying cpu cause this? i want to make sure before buying a new cpu