Share files from Android to Windows 10 via Wifi Direct

Mashkal

Anyone know if there's a way to do this without installing a client app on the windows side? I can see the Win10 computer from the android wifi direct share menu, but only if I open the 'Add device' menu in the Win10 settings. Even then, it fails to actually transfer the file.

Currently I just use the Bluetooth file share feature but it's excruciatingly slow for large files and Wifi direct is supposedly orders of magnitude faster

1 minute ago, Mashkal said:

Anyone know if there's a way to do this without installing a client app on the windows side? I can see the Win10 computer from the android wifi direct share menu, but only if I open the 'Add device' menu in the Win10 settings. Even then, it fails to actually transfer the file.

Currently I just use the Bluetooth file share feature but it's excruciatingly slow for large files and Wifi direct is supposedly orders of magnitude faster

What kind of phone do you have?

4 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

What kind of phone do you have?

Samsung A8 2018

28 minutes ago, Mashkal said:

That's not wifi direct.

Yeah, this is better than WiFi direct. WiFi direct really mainly exists for casting content from one device to another. Have tried WiFi direct file share and it's not really that good. It's faster than Bluetooth, but it's nearly impossible to get working correctly unless it's one mobile phone/tablet to another mobile phone/tablet, and even then it fails frequently.

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

it's nearly impossible to get working correctly

That's why I'm asking here. I already know how to transfer files over a USB cable.

10 hours ago, Mashkal said:

That's why I'm asking here. I already know how to transfer files over a USB cable.

You are more likely to win the Kentucky Derby than get it working correctly, reliably, and functional 3 times in a row. It doesn't really work. On paper it's great, but the chances of you getting it to work flawlessly are a snowballs chance in Delhi.