Mouse recommendations needed

ThousandBlade

I'm currently looking for a new mouse and looking for some good advice.

I've had many mice over the years and they've pretty much all failed. here's some history of what I've used in the past:

Corsair M65:  had two of these, one got smashed, one started double clicking about 1.5 year later

Corsair M95: started double clicking, didn't even last 1 year.

I remember liking the fit and size of the Corsair mouse very much, but they really did not last. also memory fuzzy this was close to 10 years ago

LG G602 wireless: okay in terms of comfort. pinky and ring finger in a awkward position so it gets uncomfortable after using it for a long period of time. started double clicking after about 2.5 years.

LG G900 wireless: was a bit more comfortable than G602, but not as comfortable as the Corsair ones. started double clicking after about 1 year of use.

Had 2 razor mice in the past, one deathadder one manga(not sure about the name, fuzzy memory).

was recommended by friends that swear by them as good shit. turns out they were just shit. one started double clicking in about 3 month. one just died at the 9 month mark.

also bought a set of razor headphones when I was young and dumb, hated them. So I'd really prefer not buying anything razor, unless they've gotten better somehow over the years.

I've also used a super tiny ThinkPad mouse from the early 2000's. that mouse never had any problems. but DPI was too low for current desktop size. and I really don't like the feeling of software accelerated mouse. (I work on pixel art sprites every now and then, accuracy really matters so I don't have to constantly zoom in and out, saves a lot of time). So that mouse that I really loved, got stolen by my ex and she lost it travelling or sth. That was my laptop mouse and trusty back up. 😞

So I've looked for a new replacement, Lenovo still makes them, and with higher DPI, I thought it would be perfect. turns out the new one only last 1 year till it double clicks.

It seems like every modern mouse has the double click problem, and replacing my mouse every year is the new norm. 

Surely I'm not the only one having this problem, right?

now thinking back about the corsair mouse I bought back in the early 2010's, they've had average lifespan comparing to everything that came out after that period.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm really fking sick and tired of this problem.

Need recommendations for a RELIABLE mouse first. I guess comfort is just a luxury. might need to buy 2 mice? IDK, that sounds really stupid.

I have been using a logitech G502 (wired) since... 2017? 2018? I am very happy with it and it seems like a sturdy product to me.

I guess if I can get 5 years out of the next mouse that's decent enough.

anyone got anything from a bit earlier that's still working?

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that perhaps you're just hard on your mice, and that's why you're having these kinds of problems with every single mouse you've had. I have experienced double clicking as well, but only on one mouse, and it was after a few years of use.

I've really enjoyed the Thermaltake Level 10M, and the Razer Basilisk. The former being probably my favourite mouse.

I also love the MX Master (OG, 3) but it's not really suitable for gaming.

Asus makes mice with easily replaceable switches. ROG Gladius series, maybe others. Might be worth looking into.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

23 minutes ago, ThousandBlade said:

I guess if I can get 5 years out of the next mouse that's decent enough.

anyone got anything from a bit earlier that's still working?

You need to quote or tag people, or they won't know you've replied.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that perhaps you're just hard on your mice, and that's why you're having these kinds of problems with every single mouse you've had. I have experienced double clicking as well, but only on one mouse, and it was after a few years of use.

I've really enjoyed the Thermaltake Level 10M, and the Razer Basilisk. The former being probably my favourite mouse.

I also love the MX Master (OG, 3) but it's not really suitable for gaming.

Asus makes mice with easily replaceable switches. ROG Gladius series, maybe others. Might be worth looking into.

Interesting thought about being hard on my mice, perhaps somewhat true. 

I know my skin oil corrode paint and all kinds of rubberized soft touch finishes. could have something to do with that.

this just didn't seem like an issue until after the 2010s', could be that my usage habit slowly changes without me realizing. or could be some other reason.

I forgot that I didn't mention that I didn't have these problems earlier, I remember the mice I had before would usually have damaged wire due to extremely long usage times, think 7~10 years. or have had dirt cheap no brand names ones that break early, but they're dirt cheap, and they usually last at least 2 years.

hmmm replaceable switches seems really interesting, I'll look into that.

20 hours ago, ThousandBlade said:

Interesting thought about being hard on my mice, perhaps somewhat true. 

I know my skin oil corrode paint and all kinds of rubberized soft touch finishes. could have something to do with that.

this just didn't seem like an issue until after the 2010s', could be that my usage habit slowly changes without me realizing. or could be some other reason.

I forgot that I didn't mention that I didn't have these problems earlier, I remember the mice I had before would usually have damaged wire due to extremely long usage times, think 7~10 years. or have had dirt cheap no brand names ones that break early, but they're dirt cheap, and they usually last at least 2 years.

hmmm replaceable switches seems really interesting, I'll look into that.

I think that's just the rubberized coatings in general. I haven't found any that hold up for more than a couple of years, that's why I like Razer's rough textured plastic finish more than the soft touch a lot of others use.

Could also be people's desires for lighter and lighter mice. That doesn't happen easily, so corners have to be cut in other places to keep costing down.

But I really think it's just increased wear your putting on the components.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Firstly razers quality has massively increased the last few years, and now they mostly use optical switches which cant double click, so you might wan to take a look at them again if you want.

But for other suggestions for the most reliable mice, i would suggest looking at zowie or vaxee mice, both brands are super high quality and very durable. Both have alot of different shapes to choose from so you might have to do abit of research on what shape you want, but i will suggest the Zowie Ec2-c, Zowie S2-c, Vaxee, Np-01 ,Vaxee Outset AX, Vaxee XE.

All of the zowie mice and all of vaxee mice apart from the XE, use a very tactile loud scroll that alot of people dont like, but you might not mind it.

The XE also has another pro,being it has a usb c cable that can easily be replaced if it breaks.

If you want to be relatively certain of avoiding the doubleclick, then you need to be looking at mice with optical switches.

Several of Roccat's models have them. My Roccat Kone Pro Air is my favorite mouse I've ever owned. Razer also has some optical switch models, although I'm still skeptical of their build quality in other respects.

I am not aware of any Logitech mice with optical switches, even the G Pro Wireless flagships they charge over $100 for. Not sure about Corsair, I haven't kept up with their releases. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

22 hours ago, dizmo said:

I think that's just the rubberized coatings in general. I haven't found any that hold up for more than a couple of years, that's why I like Razer's rough textured plastic finish more than the soft touch a lot of others use.

Could also be people's desires for lighter and lighter mice. That doesn't happen easily, so corners have to be cut in other places to keep costing down.

But I really think it's just increased wear your putting on the components.

8 hours ago, Middcore said:

If you want to be relatively certain of avoiding the doubleclick, then you need to be looking at mice with optical switches.

Several of Roccat's models have them. My Roccat Kone Pro Air is my favorite mouse I've ever owned. Razer also has some optical switch models, although I'm still skeptical of their build quality in other respects.

I am not aware of any Logitech mice with optical switches, even the G Pro Wireless flagships they charge over $100 for. Not sure about Corsair, I haven't kept up with their releases. 

I've made up my mind on getting a ROG Spatha X solely because of the swappable switches and the ring finger support on the right side.

I know macro buttons are a mess and probably really hard to use. But if I wanted one with really good macro buttons placement I'd have to go with Corsair M65 or Logitec G502, then I'd have to deal with failing switches again. I know I don't mind heavy mice, but I've never had one that heavy yet. guess I'll find out. 

Seems like the perfect mouse for me isnt being made yet☹️

I will probably grab a Roccat burst pro air for my laptop, carrying that massive ASUS mouse around don't seem like a good idea.

I'll charge with my desktop, switch to using it every now and then to reduce pain from using the same mouse for too long.

The better switch is a must have, and I think Burst pro air is the smallest wireless ones that Roccat offers.

I'll buy the Spatha X right now, and wait a couple more days on the Roccat.

if there are any other wireless mouse with better switches that are smaller than the ones Roccat offers, I'd consider that instead,

If nothing else comes up I think these are the 2 for me.

Thanyou for your help, It is very much appreciated. 

9 hours ago, Geneleco said:

Firstly razers quality has massively increased the last few years, and now they mostly use optical switches which cant double click, so you might wan to take a look at them again if you want.

But for other suggestions for the most reliable mice, i would suggest looking at zowie or vaxee mice, both brands are super high quality and very durable. Both have alot of different shapes to choose from so you might have to do abit of research on what shape you want, but i will suggest the Zowie Ec2-c, Zowie S2-c, Vaxee, Np-01 ,Vaxee Outset AX, Vaxee XE.

All of the zowie mice and all of vaxee mice apart from the XE, use a very tactile loud scroll that alot of people dont like, but you might not mind it.

The XE also has another pro,being it has a usb c cable that can easily be replaced if it breaks.

It's nice to hear that Razer products are way better now. But I think I kinna still hold some grudge against that company. For now, I will not be considering giving them money since there are other decent options being recommended. 

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm very happy that you mentioned brands that I have not heard of at all. 

I would really wanna give them a try, but I have already set my mind on the ROG Spatha X for my main desktop mouse, and the mouse for my laptop really needs to be wireless.

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, ThousandBlade said:

I've made up my mind on getting a ROG Spatha X solely because of the swappable switches and the ring finger support on the right side.

I know macro buttons are a mess and probably really hard to use. But if I wanted one with really good macro buttons placement I'd have to go with Corsair M65 or Logitec G502, then I'd have to deal with failing switches again. I know I don't mind heavy mice, but I've never had one that heavy yet. guess I'll find out. 

Seems like the perfect mouse for me isnt being made yet☹️

I will probably grab a Roccat burst pro air for my laptop, carrying that massive ASUS mouse around don't seem like a good idea.

I'll charge with my desktop, switch to using it every now and then to reduce pain from using the same mouse for too long.

The better switch is a must have, and I think Burst pro air is the smallest wireless ones that Roccat offers.

I'll buy the Spatha X right now, and wait a couple more days on the Roccat.

if there are any other wireless mouse with better switches that are smaller than the ones Roccat offers, I'd consider that instead,

If nothing else comes up I think these are the 2 for me.

Thanyou for your help, It is very much appreciated. 

Good choice, I've actually had my eye on that ROG one for a while. Just haven't bothered picking it up as I'm waiting for a more permanent setup.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler