Custom PC insurance

Basically I am entitled to a DSA allowance which is a funded by the goverment for students with learning difficulties. In this allowance they have said that i am allowed to have insurance over my PC, and like if its free take it. The only problem is that it has to be through a company that allows custom PCs and has a maxium cover of £3000+ preferably. Is there a good place where I can start looking?

Your home owners insurance likely already covers your PC. Try giving them a call before getting additional insurance. 

7 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

Your home owners insurance likely already covers your PC. Try giving them a call before getting additional insurance. 

sadly i dont need home insurance because thats covered by the univeristy

Whats your issue? If the insurance covers $3000, that should be enough. Even if it includes whole package, your PC is about $2k and monitors and peripherals sub-$1k. And thats if something would happen to them in first year.

Insurance is not same as warranty. Where warranty covers to same product or equivalent in performance/features, insurance covers to "fair-value" (no idea whats the term in English), meaning pretty much that if you sold your PC, the price its worth at the moment. So if you buy PC for $2k, it will drop about $200-500 in value just on first year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You would probably need home contents insurance I would imagine. Most of the gadget insurances only cover laptops/smartphones etc. specifically and don't look like they cover desktops. Depending on the policy, you would may need to specify the amount you want to insurance the PC for specifically as you are usually supposed to mention anything specific over a certain value (depending on the policy)

https://www.comparethemarket.com/home-insurance/contents/