I'm second guessing my first build.

sourpickle

Budget (including currency): 1450 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow Six Siege, Fortnite, COD, etc... 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

This is my first build. Everything is running fine I'm just looking for confirmation on whether my build is good or not.

Ryzen 5 5600x

Tuf X570-Plus

1 TB 970 EVO M.2 SSD

32 GB 3600 

RX 6650 XT 

Mag Cooler 240 mm AIO

EVGA 650 WT

H510 Flow 

Edit: I have my build hooked up to dual Samsung Odyssey G5 1440p monitors. I get over 250 FPS on RSS and over 150 on Fortnite but idk if this is considered good.

You want confirmation as in you already have the parts? I'm not sure what you want to hear if that's the case 

2 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

You want confirmation as in you already have the parts? I'm not sure what you want to hear if that's the case 

Yes it would help me second guessing myself

7 minutes ago, sourpickle said:

Yes it would help me second guessing myself

Well I mean there's nothing "wrong" with it, I just wouldn't personally choose those parts

Just now, Ryuikko said:

Well I mean there's nothing "wrong" with it, I just wouldn't personally choose those parts

What about it would you have chosen to do differently?

3 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

For 1450 usd and for your used I would've done something like this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vKDCZw

Not that it particularly matters anymore though 

well, i guess my first build wasn't as good as i thought. that sucks..

4 minutes ago, sourpickle said:

What about it would you have chosen to do differently?

😄😄😂

I would have chosen an air tower. Something like the Deepcool AK500.

I don't believe EVGA has a 650 WT model. The company has 650W models that range from excellent down to dangerous. So the actual model matters.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 minutes ago, brob said:

😄😄😂

I would have chosen an air tower. Something like the Deepcool AK500.

I don't believe EVGA has a 650 WT model. The company has 650W models that range from excellent down to dangerous. So the actual model matters.

thats what i meant, 650 watts

It's an ok rig, a 12th gen Intel will have performed marginally better but cost more due to the expensive boards

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

17 minutes ago, sourpickle said:

thats what i meant, 650 watts

@brob is referring to the "650 W", the W pertaining to their "white" series (among other models such as the W1 and the W5)

I'm gonna guess you went with the G5 or something? That's one of their most common models for a price range like this.

The TUF motherboard is quite good, you got it for a decent price? It's one of the more budget friendly X570 boards of great quality. 

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

21 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

@brob is referring to the "650 W", the W pertaining to their "white" series (among other models such as the W1 and the W5)

I'm gonna guess you went with the G5 or something? That's one of their most common models for a price range like this.

The TUF motherboard is quite good, you got it for a decent price? It's one of the more budget friendly X570 boards of great quality. 

Oh sure it's good, i think what @Ryuikkowas getting at is that what's the point of a nice motherboard when you're using a 6650XT instead of a 3080.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

17 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Oh sure it's good, i think what @Ryuikkowas getting at is that what's the point of a nice motherboard when you're using a 6650XT instead of a 3080.

If it were me, it would probably be to secure a nice upgrade path. In a couple years, a 5900X will probably not be that expensive on the used market, and then something like an RTX 4090 would go nicely.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

yea i got the tuf for 179

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

If it were me, it would probably be to secure a nice upgrade path. In a couple years, a 5900X will probably not be that expensive on the used market, and then something like an RTX 4090 would go nicely.

Thank you!!