Weird issues with downloading

Austin001
Go to solution Solved by Austin001,

Issue seems to have been fixed by system restore, maybe a registry issue

I'm having some weird issues. When downloading things through all browsers and most desktop apps it will cut off at some point with different error messages depending. Google chrome downloads will fail pretty quick with the only info given being "network error". Curseforge downloads fail saying "The decryption operation failed, see inner exception." This started happening yesterday, but fixed itself after a while. Today it started happening again and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it to no avail. 
OS is Windows 11 Home 64 Bit
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with latest bios update 4201
GPU: RTX 3090

Ram: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 Mhz

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850

Not sure what could cause this, any help appreciated.

Additional info:

Already verified windows integrity with both sfc and dism.

VPN did not solve the issue

Could not reproduce issue on my phone

Have not had problems with discord or watching YouTube, nor in any online games I've played

Reset your network in Windows, I always forget where that can be done but it can 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

7 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Reset your network in Windows, I always forget where that can be done but it can 🙂

Resetting the network did not fix the issue

1 minute ago, lol old teck guy said:

Chrome is not the only app having issues downloading, both the Minecraft launcher and curseforge are having issues as well, while steam seems unaffected. If I try to resume the download, it will download another small part, usually around 2-5 mb, then fail again. This is repeatable until the download finishes, but highly annoying

Fix file download errors - Google Chrome Help stated that "

Get help with a specific error message

"Network failed"

If you see "NETWORK_FAILED" when you try to install something from the Chrome Web Store, unwanted software could be blocking the installation.

To fix the error:

First, remove the unwanted software. Then, try to install the app, extension, or theme again.

If you still can't install the app, extension, or theme, reinstall Chrome. "

You can also check out this website that might help: https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-chrome-downloads-stop-stuck-interrupted.html?adlt=strict&toWww=1&redig=B686E2CB247B4BE484505C3749E388DA

Edited by lol old teck guy
forgot to press enter

3 minutes ago, lol old teck guy said:

Fix file download errors - Google Chrome Help stated that "

Get help with a specific error message

"Network failed"

If you see "NETWORK_FAILED" when you try to install something from the Chrome Web Store, unwanted software could be blocking the installation.

To fix the error:

First, remove the unwanted software. Then, try to install the app, extension, or theme again.

If you still can't install the app, extension, or theme, reinstall Chrome. "

You can also check out this website that might help: https://www.minitool.com/news/fix-chrome-downloads-stop-stuck-interrupted.html?adlt=strict&toWww=1&redig=B686E2CB247B4BE484505C3749E388DA

I have had hardware acceleration disabled for a while, have tried clearing cache as well as disabling my antivirus/firewall. That specific chrome tip seems to apply only to chrome web store, and I have not installed anything new recently 

Okay, so it appears to affect steam as well, I just hadn't noticed it yet because for some reason it doesn't outright stop the download like it does other apps. It seems to slowly drop the download speed until it stops for a while.  I cannot reproduce the issue on my phone, so it doesn't seem to be my isp, although it is comcast.

image.thumb.png.0086be766f6e7e544582cecbf4bf3be0.png

The only logical conclusion I can come to at this point is that it is on my isp's end. It just randomly fixed itself again

The issue started again this morning and does not seem to affect other pcs on the network

Issue seems to have been fixed by system restore, maybe a registry issue