Im not sure how to connect my fiber optic modem router and switch pls help

Mar2-d2
Go to solution Solved by Mar2-d2,
4 hours ago, Ralfi said:

What do the lights on your boxes tell you? Got any photos of your gear?

So you’ve got a box where the fibre from the street plugs into, & then a network cable from that box connects to your router which then connects to your switch or?

My country may have a different setup to yours, but the network cable from the fibre box to your modem is the WAN (red coloured) one here. Is that similar to yours?

Hey i fixed the issue i think the problem was caused due to the power cables being switched even tho they seemed to be the same and everything powered on. Everything fixed when i switched em around tho. Also my setup is optic cable>modem>network cable>switch>(tv cable>tv) and netwotk cable>router>pc

I was doing some cleaning up. My cables were messy so i decided to disconect everything sort the cables and conect em back in only to find it doesnt have internet conection any more. Im happy to provide any info u may need. Thank u in advance. 

So you’ve got a box where the fibre from the street plugs into, & then a network cable from that box connects to your router which then connects to your switch or?

My country may have a different setup to yours, but the network cable from the fibre box to your modem is the WAN (red coloured) one here. Is that similar to yours?

How did you handle the fiber? It's much easier to damage fiber than copper.

What gear do you have? How is it connected? Are you sure you plugged everything back into the same ports as before?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

How did you handle the fiber? It's much easier to damage fiber than copper.

What gear do you have? How is it connected? Are you sure you plugged everything back into the same ports as before?

Hey i fixed the issue i think the problem was caused due to the power cables being switched even tho they seemed to be the same and everything powered on. Everything fixed when i switched em around tho. Also my setup is optic cable>modem>network cable>switch>(tv cable>tv) and netwotk cable>router>pc

4 hours ago, Ralfi said:

14 hours ago, Mar2-d2 said:

Luck you didn't break anything, using the wrong PSU can be catastrophic if the voltages or polarity are different.

Also, its generally not a good idea to unplug fibre, its very easy to get the tiniest spec of dust on it that will prevent it working.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7