Upgraded PC Freezing under load

BRAINE00

Hi, I have recently upgraded my computer components and high end games freeze between 5m -1h of playing. 

hardware specs;

CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 5950x 16 core

GPU: MSI NVidia GFORCE RTX 2060 (unchanged)

Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-F gaming

RAM: Corsair ddr4 2x32gb 3200mhz vengeance LPX

Storage: Crucial MX500 2TB CT2000MX500SSD (boot drive)(unchanged)

PSU: Corsair 850w semi modular (unchanged)

software;

system type: x64-based pc

windows 11

bios version/ date: American megatrends Inc. 1205, 17/11/2020

The system turns on and is fine doing low to mid strain activities and everything is showing correctly in the bios. But when I play games like AC Valhalla or Battlefront 2 the system freezes, the time and my background freezes but I am still able to do some things like move my mouse and open the windows tab, sometimes (not often) I am even able to open task manager and close the application, even ASUS armoury crate and the task manager performance monitor

freeze. But I still have to hard reset my pc to get everything back properly.

I have:

- installed all resent windows updates

- checked and clean installed my graphics driver (516.94)

- verified game integrity files on several of the games and fully reinstalled some (all ok)

- monitored temperatures before freezing (nothing out of the ordinary) GPU 830, CPU 700 stable 

- stress tested CPU on CPU-Z for 5h ok 700 and stable.

- ran the windows memory diagnostic twice on defaults (all ok)

- checked security of cables inside the case all seem fine, all fans working etc. 

- set ram from 2133mhz to 3200mhz as advertised on the box (found as a suggestion online)

The problem still persists after all of the above.

I am stuck on any other software to check and update, but I'm becoming more convinced that it is a hardware issue, in that I have a damaged/ faulty component or I have installed something incorrectly. As this issue has just started after the upgrades I would assume that my GPU, storage and PSU are all ok but since this is my first time I have been relying on the little I know and bits I can piece together on the internet. 

Thank you for any help 

What cooler are you using?  did you reapply thermal paste?  Are you sure the cooler and CPU are seated properly.  I'm not familiar with the stress test on CPU-Z.  Try running Prime95 or Cinebench and see what happens

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

I am using a be quiet! BK022 dark rock pro 4 250w TDP CPU cooler.

How would you tell if it is seated properly, I tightened both screws down until I felt resistance, they are also spring loaded and I did apply thermal paste. 

I will run those tests now.

do you suspect the CPU?

I ran prime95 for 3H, CPU usage was stable the whole time, but the temperature fluctuated a bit, mostly at 650 but increasing to 890 at its max but most commonly around 850 every 15-20m or so, at the end I checked and no error were detected.

I have no idea if this is good or not.  

15 hours ago, BRAINE00 said:

bios version/ date: American megatrends Inc. 1205, 17/11/2020

You have to update. There are 11 newer BIOS versions for your motherboard. Update to the latest.

15 hours ago, BRAINE00 said:

Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-F gaming

I updated the bios and it still happened.

However I thought that if my back ground is freezing could it be wallpaper engine, so I uninstalled it and I've been playing a mix oh high load games for about 5-6 hours with no issues. 

Hopefully that has done the trick, thank you all for your help.