Both screens take ages to turn on or sometimes they don't

AnonASC

Hi all

I've been recently having a weird problem. As the title says, both screens of my computer take very long to turn on, and sometimes they do not. When they turn on I don't see any boot screen, just the windows screen waiting for me to enter the password. When they don't start, there's just a black screen. A couple of time there was a no imput/signal message on both. Some other times they start up "fast", about 20 seconds (although not enough considering I have an NVMe). I can't understand where the problem comes from.

When I first had this problem I thought something was wrong with the GPU, but the fans were working and the logo was lit, and after a while everything was fine. A friend suggested the motherboard, which scared the sh*t out of me because it was new. What sometimes solved it was plugging/unplugging the GPU from the motherboard or the power supply cables to it, which made me think it was either a problem with the PCIE slot of the motherboard or the cables of the PSU (specially the later because one day the screens turned on the moment I applied a bit of pressure to the cables connector, which I know, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done with everything on). But some other days everything works "flawlessly", and some others plugging/unplugging the GPU's power cables does nothing, I just have to wait and/or restart the computer.

List of mentioned items (the other components are a year old but for one SSD that I'm reusing, but it's not the main one where the SO is installed).

• Main screen: Asus TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" LED UltraWide QHD 165Hz FreeSync. DP (PC) to DP (screen) 9 months old

• Secondary screen: Samsung something, DP (PC) to HDM (screen). About 7 years old, maybe?

• W10 64 bits.

• Samsung 980 SSD 1TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 (SO installed), 1 year old

• PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower PF1 ARGB 1050W 80 Plus Platinum Full Modular 1 year old

• Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING 1 year old (BIOS ver.1202)

• CPU: AMD Rzen 7 5800X 1 year old

• GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 (drivers up to date). 5 or 4 years old, maybe? (I was supposed to upgrade it as well but oh well the prices)

All drivers are up to date as far as I know.

One of the main inconveinences I've had with this problem is the impossibility to acces to the BIOS menu.

Thanks!