Can anyone translate this Japanese writing?

meritmaster

I have this old piece of art that has been in the family, and i'm curious of who the artist is, but i cannot read Japanese... So i was wondering if anyone could translate the writing.

I would greatly appreciate it!

post-57910-0-12942900-1398554212_thumb.j

post-57910-0-07604700-1398554222_thumb.j

post-57910-0-71607300-1398554227_thumb.j

post-57910-0-50678900-1398554239_thumb.j

post-57910-0-26532900-1398554249_thumb.j

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

It's sunday and really early in tokyo so i dont think anybody from japan will respond , try again in some hours :P

Interested in Business and Technology

1st Picture: My nipples are hard like the mountain.

I can't translate the rest.... it's against the CoC.

Whaaaa? 

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Aside from the kanji on the left, it's very difficult to make out what it actually says in japanese, never mind translate it :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Aside from the kanji on the left, it's very difficult to make out what it actually says in japanese, never mind translate it :P

Why is it hard >.<

~Abraham Lincoln

Why is it hard >.<

Handwriting differs from person to person, and chinese/japanese characters are are not easy to read when it deviates too much. I could as a jap translator I know but he's quite busy. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Handwriting differs from person to person, and chinese/japanese characters are are not easy to read when it deviates too much. I could as a jap translator I know but he's quite busy. 

Hrm that's interesting.

I wonder why there is a mixture of Chinese, and Japanese characters?

I wouldn't want to be a burden on some busy translator, but thanks for the suggestion :P.

~Abraham Lincoln

Hrm that's interesting.

I wonder why there is a mixture of Chinese, and Japanese characters?

I wouldn't want to be a burden on some busy translator, but thanks for the suggestion :P.

Japanese uses some Chinese characters in their language. In fact many Asian languages use Chinese characters. Chinese itself has evolved and changed into different languages over long periods of time. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

LOL our translator said "that's some awesome handwriting let me ask a Japanese person" the bastard lives in Japan. Hopefully I'll have a translation of that for you shortly. 

Japanese uses some Chinese characters in their language. In fact many Asian languages use Chinese characters. Chinese itself has evolved and changed into different languages over long periods of time.

Well Japanese wasn't originally Chinese. They just adopted various characters and their sounds into their original language from what i remember.

Why is it hard >.<

Since i haven't seen too much handwritten Japanese, it's hard to distinguish characters because of the bad handwriting :P I can make out various ones which you may be able to recognise such as と、く、ね、ち and i think there's せ in there too but i can't be too sure.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Well Japanese wasn't originally Chinese. They just adopted various characters and their sounds into their original language from what i remember.

Since i haven't seen too much handwritten Japanese, it's hard to distinguish characters because of the bad handwriting :P I can make out various ones which you may be able to recognise such as と、く、ね、ち and i think there's せ in there too but i can't be too sure.

True they just adopted some of the basic characters. 

Anyway here's your translation mate: 

博之良(? or 高?)
山と想えバ 
人恋し
人と想えバ
山恋し

富士登山記念

To think of mountain, I miss people
To think of people, I miss mountain

To commemorate climbing Mt.Fuji

No author signature so we've got no idea who drew it. 

EDIT: according to the Native Japanese person it was still hard to translate because of the handwriting but that's basically what it means. See if there is a name on the back of the artwork. 

Are any of them characters of a name?

I would like to know where the signature may be; perhaps it's the bottom one?

~Abraham Lincoln

True they just adopted some of the basic characters. 

Anyway here's your translation mate: 

博之良(? or 高?)
山と想えバ 
人恋し
人と想えバ
山恋し

富士登山記念

To think of mountain, I miss people
To think of people, I miss mountain

To commemorate climbing Mt.Fuji

No author signature so we've got no idea who drew it. 

Wow that's pretty cool, and i appreciate that.

Kind of a disappointment that there was no signature; my family was told it was painted by some old famous Japanese artist.

It was given to us by a Japanese family that were close friends of my fathers, and apparently the son gave my father this painting in 1976 when he left to live overseas.

His mother got it from some old artist she knew in Japan, and told the son to keep because it's a important piece. The son told my father the same thing, and this is what sparked my curiosity.

Have any idea why he would of not sign the painting? 

~Abraham Lincoln

Have any idea why he would of not sign the painting? 

No clue, did you check the back of the image to see if you could find any Japanese text? 

EDIT: according to the Native Japanese person it was still hard to translate because of the handwriting but that's basically what it means. See if there is a name on the back of the artwork. 

There is no signature at all, and the back in blank canvas. 

The wood is also very; very light, but not markings on there either. 

~Abraham Lincoln

There is no signature at all, and the back in blank canvas. 

The wood is also very; very light, but not markings on there either. 

Welp.... your outta luck I guess unless you can contact the people who gave you guys the artwork as a gift. 

*shrugs*

hVubvhD.gif

Welp.... your outta luck I guess unless you can contact the people who gave you guys the artwork as a gift. 

*shrugs*

hVubvhD.gif

The Man who gave us the piece is now a professor at the University of Hawaii  and we lost all contact with him years ago, so that would be tough ahaha.

Thanks for the information though!

I've been looking for a translation for a while now!

One more thing though ><. 

Google gives me this as a translation:

Hiroyuki good (? Or high?) 
Server Omoe mountains 
Hitokoishi 
Omoe server with people 
Love mountain

Is Hitokoishi a name?

~Abraham Lincoln

The Man who gave us the piece is now a professor at the University of Hawaii  and we lost all contact with him years ago, so that would be tough ahaha.

Thanks for the information though!

I've been looking for a translation for a while now!

One more thing though ><. 

Google gives me this as a translation:

Hiroyuki good (? Or high?) 
Server Omoe mountains 
Hitokoishi 
Omoe server with people 
Love mountain

Is Hitokoishi a name?

Nope that's not the authors name. That's just google translate being inaccurate.