Water

BiggestFan

I have no idea why, but I had a cola bottle next to my computer and it was open. I accidently touched it and the cola spoiled over my computer. It was not really much. So I used paper to take it away and I was wondering what to do now. Is it destroyed? Btw the cola hitted mostly my graphics card :(

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

Open case? or what.. invisible case?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Un-plug all the power, Get a damp cotton-bud and then start cleaning all the residue from the card. If they card still has liquid on it then just wipe it off with some tissue. I would also suggest taking the cooler of and cleaning the PCB from the other side as well. Once dry and clean put the card back together again.

Quote me to get a reply!

Open case? or what.. invisible case?

Probably the top fan vents.

Quote me to get a reply!

Yes it was on top of the fan vents. Thank you very much for your help.

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.0GHz | Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB | GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  | SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: OCZ 750W ATX12V | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Case: Corsair Carbide 300R | Display: BenQ RL2455HM 24"

Ah... i would probably unplug the power and wipe those all and let some air, then try to turn it on.

EDIT: Also... pray for your very life and existence, confess your sins. then turn it on

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I did what you said and all the power went off. Well I just wasted 2000$. I'm done.

Let it dry for a couple orf hours after you wipe it all up put in front of a fan... it will be fine I have faith..

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Let's cross our fingers...

IS IT TURNING ON?!?!?!?! TELL ME ITS TURNING ON.... BiggestFan! nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Let's cross our fingers...

first off all din tosk. second MEGATOSK.. seriousdoe tosk -.-. let me know how it went

Let us bow our heads... for the loss of BiggestFan's computer, dear linus, sweet god of tech, please give us wisdom and guide us through all pc build, we are here gathered for the loss of our friend, beloved boyfriend, and loved son. We ask upon you to undo our mistake and let us a chance to power our pc again tomorrow, in hopes of no defects. we thank you for your humbleness and your wiseness, amen.

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

I did what you said and all the power went off. Well I just wasted 2000$. I'm done.

You turned it on while it was wet... Seriously?!

Take the the machine apart and find anything hit with coca cola. Wash the motherboard without the CPU or RAM or battery inserted, use distilled water only. Do the same with the GPU after taking off the heatsink. you will need new thermal compound for it. Let them all air dry on a static free surface, like a anti static mat.

After they're done, you can reassemble the machine. If any coca cola got in your PSU, THROW IT OUT, DO NOT TRY AND CLEAN IT. The risk that comes with cleaning it isn't worth it. The PSU can be replaced, your life can't. Just buy a new one.

Edit: Do not wash the following with any type of fluid: HDD, Fan, SSD, PSU.

As the norwegian above me said, du er en torsk. Clean it up and let the GPU dry in some rice.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

As the norwegian above me said, du er en torsk. Clean it up and let the GPU dry in some rice.

I'm not norwegian!

Use distilled water to clean the components and try to turn it on with the GPU out of it. If you already shorted something out by turning it on while it was wet, yeah. It's fried.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

I'm not norwegian!

more above than you

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

What you can do, and I'm being serious here, you can take out the clock battery of the mobo, take out all of the components effected, take out the CPU, take your graphics card and motherboard and run them through the dishwasher with no soap, on warm, then let them dry for about two days. This can clean the parts, just make sure that they are dry before putting power to them again. UXWbill on youtube has had success doing this, and I have as well with some old parts. it might be worth a shot.

NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER! PUT YOUR MOTHERBOARD IN A DISHWASHER!

In some cases just on warm the water can get hot enough to deform the plastic in the PCI slots. It's not worth the risk. Always clean it by hand with DISTILLED WATER Regular water has minerals that can and will corrode your motherboard.

Well guys. Thanks. I have faith. I will try it all. Wonderful speech btw Rashy.

I've never has this problem, But I only have a bottom heating element, and use the top rack only, and done this 7 times with various socket 775 motherboards out of HPs and Dells. Wouldn't try this with any new motherboards, unless it was a last resort. For cleaning Nicotine tar, does wonders.

The biggest problem is regular water has minerals. Also thanks for the tip on how to remove nicotine tar from motherboards! I used to live with smokers and my old MATX board smells like death.

Well guys. Thanks. I have faith. I will try it all. Wonderful speech btw Rashy.

That was my eulogy for your pc.. thanks

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Between YouTube and my boss that has been in the game far longer than any of us, you can learn a lot. ;)

i clean all my shit in the dishwasher.. 

hard lesson learned here for sure.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Between YouTube and my boss that has been in the game far longer than any of us, you can learn a lot. ;)

I've been cleaning spills for years now. I'd rather take the safe route. But this one time I did it with tap water to clean my smoke riddled motherboard.