Best GPU without power pin?

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
22 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

The best GPU without a 6 or 8 pin power connector is the radeon rx 6500xt

The RX 6500 XT does have external power connectors though. The 6400 does trade blows with the 1650 and would theoretically make a decent alternative, but since you're gonna be dealing with the limited bandwidth of only 4 PCIe lanes at Gen 3 the 1650 will pull ahead. 

Hello guys its been a long time since i play video games, i saw my friend playing world war z recently and it kinda ignite my love for gaming once more.

I have a pre-built dell with surprisingly FSP ATX form factor PSU without gpu power pin and its 400 watt ish, and since i am on a tight budget, i can't afford to buy a new PSU that has gpu power pin.

So please recommend me any GPU that doesn't require power pin that is powerful enough to run world war z at stable 50fps on full HD, i got my eyes on 1050 Ti 4GB cuz it doesn't seems to require power pin.

My specs are 8GB of RAM and 4th gen intel core i3 2 Core 4 Threads.

Thank you in advance.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

The best card without supplemental power is the 1650. The 1050 Ti isn't bad though, but pricing for them usually doesn't make that much sense. 

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The best card without supplemental power is the 1650. The 1050 Ti isn't bad though, but pricing for them usually doesn't make that much sense. 

How powerful is 1650 compared to 1050 ti? cuz on a used market, 1650 is 35% more expensive atleast where i live. And since i am using 4th gen i3, will it make any difference to say if i use 1050 ti instead?

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

10 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

How powerful is 1650 compared to 1050 ti?

It's about 35% faster than the 1050 Ti. 

11 minutes ago, Ya_Mi said:

And since i am using 4th gen i3, will it make any difference to say if i use 1050 ti instead?

That will depend more on how the games are optimized. You will still likely see a difference between them, but you might not see that much of a difference between them depending on how well optimized the game is. 

The best GPU without a 6 or 8 pin power connector is the radeon rx 6500xt. The best single slot/low profile is the rx 6400.

You might also want to look for an i5 to slot in that motherboard by the way, dual cores are gonna mess up your day regardless.

Assuming your psu has molex connectors on it and it's a standard case you could do molex to 8 or 6 pin pcie connectors and use a slightly bigger card and not restrict yourself to such bottom of the barrel options. The PSU is likely solid and doesn't need an upgrade otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Brian McKee said:

The best GPU without a 6 or 8 pin power connector is the radeon rx 6500xt

The RX 6500 XT does have external power connectors though. The 6400 does trade blows with the 1650 and would theoretically make a decent alternative, but since you're gonna be dealing with the limited bandwidth of only 4 PCIe lanes at Gen 3 the 1650 will pull ahead. 

3 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yah my bad, I thought I had seen a couple 6500xts without it.

• 1 year later...

Have anyone looked into the Quadro A2000?

It only consumes about 70W of power during moderate gaming, and it doesn't use any external power connectors.

Right now, it can be found for about 300 USD brand new online.

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Upgrade-King-Professional-Graphics/dp/B0BG8Y3KCM/

You can't really find it any cheaper on any second hand retailers either.

It's not a gaming card, but it still matches around a desktop 3050 in terms of performance.

Quadro cards are usually very nice cards if the specs will meet your needs. I run a Quadro P1000 with 4GB of VRAM in an old HP SFF for emulation and lighter games with zero issues, even runs switch emulation with very reliable and playable experience. Works well for the kids.

I bet the A2000 would be a great choice, if you can justify the cost.