Peace of mind 5800x temps and R23 Score (Sorry)

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
10 minutes ago, coneil3822 said:

I'm sorry to be a pain as you probably get load of these posts everyday. 

You'd be right!

In Cinebench R23 Multi Core I'm getting a score of 15588 with 80 Degree temps, shouldn't it be a little cooler as I've got a 360mm?

Completely normal. 5800x gets hotter than you'd expect based on its physical design. Nearly 15600 is exactly where you want to be and 80c is nothing. 

Robert Hallock - Director of Technical Marketing AMD:

Yes. I want to be clear with everyone that AMD views temps up to 90C (5800X/5900X/5950X) and 95C (5600X) as typical and by design for full load conditions. Having a higher maximum temperature supported by the silicon and firmware allows the CPU to pursue higher and longer boost performance before the algorithm pulls back for thermal reasons.

Is it the same as Zen 2 or our competitor? No. But that doesn't mean something is "wrong." These parts are running exactly as-designed, producing the performance results we intend.

unknown.png

I'm sorry to be a pain as you probably get load of these posts everyday. Just got the 5800x and a Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 to cool it.

In Cinebench R23 Multi Core I'm getting a score of 15588 with 80 Degree temps, shouldn't it be a little cooler as I've got a 360mm?

Single Core is 1594 and about 60 Degrees.

I just want peace of mind really as I'm not very clued up when it comes to temps and score I just want to make sure everything is running as it should.

Are these good?

I appreciate your time!

I'm sorry to be a pain as you probably get load of these posts everyday. 

You'd be right!

Completely normal. 5800x gets hotter than you'd expect based on its physical design. Nearly 15600 is exactly where you want to be and 80c is nothing. 

Robert Hallock - Director of Technical Marketing AMD:

Yes. I want to be clear with everyone that AMD views temps up to 90C (5800X/5900X/5950X) and 95C (5600X) as typical and by design for full load conditions. Having a higher maximum temperature supported by the silicon and firmware allows the CPU to pursue higher and longer boost performance before the algorithm pulls back for thermal reasons.

Is it the same as Zen 2 or our competitor? No. But that doesn't mean something is "wrong." These parts are running exactly as-designed, producing the performance results we intend.

unknown.png