Audio Stuttering and camera glitching green during certain CPU loads

TLDR: audio crackling and camera flickering green after upgrading CPU to a Ryzen 5 5600g BUT only on certain CPU loads.

For some backstory, I upgraded from a Ryzen 5 3600 to a spare Ryzen 5 5600g, when I installed it, when playing GTAV my audio would randomly start crackling, I tried capturing it with Nvidia shadowplay but it seems to be hardware side as I cant hear it in the video.
I couldn't seem to find a fix so i gave the CPU to my brother, and he had no issues with you, but I cant confirm this as this issue only seems to happy in certain CPU loads
I ended up needing the CPU back but then the issue still persisted. I managed to find a small fix of setting my minimum processor state to 99% which helped but never eliminated it.
after playing the game "A way out" I noticed when I have the audio crackling my camera also flickers green. leading me to think there is something interfering with my USB ports perhaps?
I've tried too much to remember what I have done to try and fix this.
any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
I'm sure I missed some important details but I'm happy to provide them.

EDIT: I wasn't able to recreate the camera flickering to the extent it was previously but I captured what the green flicker looks like.
https://gyazo.com/0663be1f239aab0a2068d9abd7e64ca9