Trials Fusion - My Review (PC version)

ManOfDisguise

So I got Trials Fusion right on the day it came out on Steam as I couldnt wait any longer! Here is my review!

Graphics/How it Runs on PC

The graphics are great everything looks very nice and crisp and the environments look awesome and each and every one of them is unique! The game is also very easy to run! My PC has a gtx 700 and 8350 and runs the game butter smooth maxed out and even if you have a much weaker PC it will still run very smooth on the lower graphical settings which is awesome.

Controls

So you can either play the game w the arrow keys on your keyboard or with a gamepad/controller. I am palying on PC but I hooked up my PS3 DS3 controller and it works just fine the game instantly recognized the controller(note I am using the X360 emulator setting through the program Motioninjoy). 

!!! I HIGHLY RECCOMEND USING A CONTROLLER IF YOU HAVE ONE !!! A lot of the times you will need to use only a bit of gas and balancing your character(leaning) is much easier with the analog sticks then with the arrow keys. 

Gameplay/Features/Modes:

So as of now you can either play the career or the user created maps or create your own maps in the editor or play local multiplayer.

Career: it has 8 sets of levels ranging from Beginner,Easy,Medium,Hard,Extreme. I have done all the sets except the last, 8th one (its hard as hell!) and I can tell you the game gets gradually harder every next set. Then there are also FMX tracks where you have to do different tricks to score points. Then there are some more miscalenous tracks like for example going as far as you can without leaning, or doing the longest wheelie possible. You actually have to use the techniques they teach you in the tutorials like going up steep hills the right way, bunny hopping and more to succeed in the levels so its nice to see the tutorials arent just a pain in the butt.

User created maps: If you dont feel like doing the career you can play user created tracks which again there are already many different ones and the nubmer just keeps increasing and again they come in all kinds of difficulties.   Now you dont have to worry about any troll/impossible to complete tracks as when you create a track it asks you to complete it once before you can publish it.

Editor: Here you can make your own tracks with TONS of different objects, weather and environment settings, effects, etc. etc. etc. Then you can choose to publish it but you have to make sure to complete the track to make sure its not impossible. Users can rate your tracks either with a thumbs up or thumbs down as you can rate theirs.

Multiplayer: As of now you can only play LOCAL multiplayer which kinda sucks. They will eventually bring non local multiplayer.

Conclusion:

+ Challenging gameplay that requires precision and use of the techniques you are though, can be very frustrating at times though.

+ Every map is unique

+ Track editor and user created maps prolong the gameplay by a LOT

+ Looks great, easy to run

+ No hassle controller support on PC

- Only local multiplayer as of now (biggest con)

- I would like more options for character customisation

- Kinda mixed up about this maybe its right maybe its not the right number but I think 6 vehicles is not enough

Should you get it? Well a lot of people including me may be dissapointed that there still isnt non local multiplayer which will make you stop playing the game way sooner but on the other hand if you are the creative type you will love the editor which could prolong the gameplay time by a lot. I can't really give you a definitve yes or no answer on this one.

So just ask yourself:

Is the non local multiplayer something that I REALLY want to play? Do I want this game to mainly play w other people online? If the answer is yes, then I would wait and not get the game yet.

Do I like creating my own content(tracks)? Do I like playing user created tracks? Is this what Im gona spend a lot of my time doing in this game? If the answer is yes then maybe you should get the game.

My rating: 8/10

The rating I would most likely give this game if it had a working non local multiplayer: 9/10

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I think game reviews would accompany this forum well, awesome work btw with this. I might try my hand at this.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Great review, I've been looking into this game a lot.

Played and loved it on Xbox, and also the flash games that are vaguely similar.

Will probably pick it up at some point.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

thx!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Great review, I've been looking into this game a lot.

Played and loved it on Xbox, and also the flash games that are vaguely similar.

Will probably pick it up at some point.

Awesome review. 

I think game reviews would accompany this forum well, awesome work btw with this. I might try my hand at this.

thanks guys! if you want i can review some other games from my Steam library(maybe you might be deciding to buy one of em) http://gyazo.com/ea4f13d8d62db721a8f8bcf6803a50ce

Specs of my PC: