Lian Li SL 120 INF Fans Not Spinning???

Hello, 

I recently built a new pc with all new components, including the new Lian Li SL 120 inf fans. All is well (system boots into bios) except for one issue. The fans connected to the uni fan controller will not spin. I have tried switching the controller in case it was a faulty unit, but the issue persists. All rgb is working while the fans dont spin. I did notice that if the system is on, and i unplug the usb from the controller, the fans start spinning, and if i plug it back in they stop again. The BIOS will recognize the fan channel the hub is connected to if the usb header is not plugged in, and will not recognize the channel if the usb is plugged in.

I tried different usb eaders, different usb controller cables, moving the fan connecter between different headers, but nothing worked so far. 

I will add that i did not proceed to install windows at the time of this post, as I wanted all hardware operational first, but Im out of ideas. I haven't seen any posts with this specific problem and as a result, no good solutions just yet. Any tips would be appreciated.

Specs:

ASUS prime z690a MOBO

Intel 12700k cpu

Corsair dominator platinum 16GB ddr5 6200 ram (X2)

Samsung 980 pro 2TB nvme ssd

Lian li galahad 240 AIO cooler

ROG strix 3090 24GB white

Corsair HX 1200 power supply

Case: Hyte Y60

Lian Li strimer plus v2 24 pin + triple 8 pin cable extensions +1 controller

Fans: x6 Lian li SL 120 INF fans +1 controller 

+2 lian li fans included with the AIO

Hello! Just to cover base, could you verify that you have connected a powered SATA connector to the fan hub and that it is being supplied with power? Don't forget to quote me when you reply so I can be notified!

Cheers! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

• 4 months later...

I have the exact same problem right now. I just built a pc and i have ASUS z790. Did you figure it out? 

• 4 months later...

It's pretty annoying I have fans connected and they will only spin with the controller if you have L connect 3 installed and running on your PC. The fans will only work with usb IN if you use Lconnect. I used old fans connected to my mobo while I downloaded the software then unplugged them sfter I got it spinning. I have 3 asus fans on the reverse side of my cooler so when Lconnect needs an update the fans will sometimes not spin untill you get past your log in page.

16830737914735532672326362120798.jpg