Samsung U28D590D VS LG 34UM95-P

Legend666

Hi everyone from Linustechtips forum ^^

I'm torn between these two monitors ><. I like them both and i can't seem to choose one out of them, so was hoping that i could get some

professional opinions on which one i should choose.

Thank you in advance for all the opinions :) . Appreciate for all the help ;)

Legend666

professional opinions

nice joke :P

what are u using it for? these are very different monitors in terms of form factor and resolution. 

I PERSONALLY like the LG more because my workspace would be better.

also what are the specs of your computer? if it cant handle 4k gaming decently then it might be useless to get it

Samsung is TN. I'm out.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Hi everyone from Linustechtips forum ^^

I'm torn between these two monitors ><. I like them both and i can't seem to choose one out of them, so was hoping that i could get some

professional opinions on which one i should choose.

Thank you in advance for all the opinions :) . Appreciate for all the help ;)

Legend666

I don't know enough about the LG to give a good answer. I'm just commenting because of Lelouch.

Hello friend!

The samsung is a tn panel (not the greatest at colour reproduction)

4k at 28" might not be best (things may appear too small)

the LG is a much bigger monitor and 21:9 ratio makes it better to do work (and watch movies)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I'll probably be picking up the LG soon. Friend of mine has the 4K and loves it however I don't like the stand nor the lack of VESA>

nice joke :P

what are u using it for? these are very different monitors in terms of form factor and resolution. 

I PERSONALLY like the LG more because my workspace would be better.

also what are the specs of your computer? if it cant handle 4k gaming decently then it might be useless to get it

Hi there !

First of all, thank you for your reply ^^

I'll be using the monitor to play games, watch movies, browse the net and do work on it.

The specs for my computer are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

Motherboard: AsRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3

Memory: 16GB of G-Skills 1600Mhz

Graphics Card: MSI GTX 680 Lightning x2 in SLI

Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB with Windows 7 Pro & Western Digital 4TB HDD for storage

Power Supply: Seasonic 1050 watt 80Plus GOLD

The samsung is a tn panel (not the greatest at colour reproduction)

4k at 28" might not be best (things may appear too small)

the LG is a much bigger monitor and 21:9 ratio makes it better to do work (and watch movies)

Hi thank you for your reply ^^

So the LG one is more worth the $$$ for purchasing than the Samsung one ?!

Hi thank you for your reply ^^

So the LG one is more worth the $$$ for purchasing than the Samsung one ?!

Yep

In fact, it's the one I've been planning to get since before linus did a review on it.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Yep

In fact, it's the one I've been planning to get since before linus did a review on it.

I see i see. It seems that most of the opinions goes to the LG one more...

I'm just going to see if there are anymore new opinions before changing my purchase. Anyway, thank you very much for the quick replies ^^

I don't know enough about the LG to give a good answer. I'm just commenting because of Lelouch.

Hello friend!

Hahaha ;)

I see that you've "Geass" as your profile pic :D. A power that i wish i can have too ;)

Made my change to my purchase !

Now it's going to be the LG 34UM95-P. Hope I will be getting it on the 5 May 2014 :)

Thank you so much for everyone who has relied on this post, appreiciate all the efforts :) :) :) :) :)

Legend666

Hi there !

First of all, thank you for your reply ^^

I'll be using the monitor to play games, watch movies, browse the net and do work on it.

The specs for my computer are:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

Motherboard: AsRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3

Memory: 16GB of G-Skills 1600Mhz

Graphics Card: MSI GTX 680 Lightning x2 in SLI

Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB with Windows 7 Pro & Western Digital 4TB HDD for storage

Power Supply: Seasonic 1050 watt 80Plus GOLD

i think the LG would be better since it is just a higher quality monitor (IPS vs TN even though this TN is pretty decent) plus i liek the form factor better. but thats just me

i think the LG would be better since it is just a higher quality monitor (IPS vs TN even though this TN is pretty decent) plus i liek the form factor better. but thats just me

Thanks for the opinions ;)

I've made the change to the LG one even though it is more expensive than the Samsung one, but most votes goes to the LG and it's more worth the $$$ ^^

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and for replying it :) :) :) :) :)

Legend666