[US] Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow Edition Mid-Tower Case $40

Faceman

I was perusing Tigerdirect looking for something else and stumbled across this case.

At first glance, the Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow Edition looks really nice.  I didn't look into it too much, but it has a lot of the features one looks for in a $100 case, but at the low price of $40 after rebate.

The deal is available until 4/30/14

Modular HDD bays, Dust filters, Cable management etc..

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Tiger direct has been going crazy with prices!! I hate that they always get you with the rebates, and their customer service is probably the worst. But anyway this is a great case for that price.

I already have a case that I paid $60 for and doesn't have nearly the same features as this bad boy. I am kind of tempted to make the switch to this.

I have had some problems with Tigerdirect in the past... I bought some RAM from them that came with a $30 rebate from Patriot, it has been 8 weeks and I haven't received anything back... yet.  This is more a fault of Patriot than TD though.  I think all rebates have like a 7/10 success rate.  Pulling that number out of thin air btw...

Alternatively, I have had good results with TD: I purchased a GTX 770 Lightning from TD online, it was factory overclocked too high and thus unstable, I was able to return it in-store and upgrade without issue.  The same goes for a motherboard I purchased online with TD.  They hadn't properly updated their information online and the Asus Z87-K was claiming that it did support SLI.  When I got the mobo in person, it was evident that this was not the case.  I have learned to check with multiple retailers to confirm the accuracy of their online store, a valuable lesson.  Anyways, TD again apologized and took great care of me, helping me select the proper mobo and even gave me $10 off.

I guess moral of the story is rebates are more on the manufacturer's end, and are not a 100% success rate, but as far as TigerDirect's customer service, they really surprised me with how good and profession they are.  I was prepared for a fight when I walked into the store both times, and it was one of the most simple return transactions I have ever been a part of.

If the rebate were to some reason not go through, $60 for this case is still a bargain in my opinion, $40 is a downright steal!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

My problem with TD is that I bought 8gb of Corsair ram (2x4gb). That was about a year ago and about 9 months from owning the ram, one of the sticks broke. (Mechanical not physical). Not sure if it was corsair fault or TD but either way, I purchased a new product and got something broken.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M