How do I Raid 0 my 2 120GB SSD's with a M5A99FX Pro R2.0 MoBo?

ThatSweetGamer
Go to solution Solved by IdeaStormer,

Plug your SSD's SATA cables to the two middle (white) SATA ports on the motherboard, I'd put the HDD on the bottom outside white port, any Optical drive I'd stick in the Blue ports or the last White port.

Power on the computer and hit F2 to enter BIOS. In BIOS look for the SATA Controller settings and set it to RAID (RTFM for details), enable  swap if the box is there. Exit BIOS, system will reboot, wait for the SATA RAID BIOS to pop up have your hands on the Control and I key ready and when you see the prompt press down on those keys, if you miss it just hit the reset button and try again. You will enter the RAID settings BIOS if you hit the Control and I key at the right time, set the RAID to RAID 0 and pick the two SSD's to be in the RAID group, do nothing to the HDD or any optical drives, just leave them as is.

Insert your OS install CD/DVD/Memory Stick and boot up and install OS, you may need to download the SATA RAID drivers for your mobo if the installer does not see the RAID array (should see a 240 or so sized disk which is the two SSD's in RAID 0).

Proceed as usual for the rest just make sure to install the RAID software so you can peek at the RAID array without having to go to BIOS.

Good luck and if you eff it up the first time you can try again and again till you get it right or get the hang of it so you end up becoming a RAID BOSS!

PS: Oh wait its an AMD board, maybe its not Control I but something else just watch the BIOS screen closely.

So I just got my PC Back from Geek Squad (I wouldn't recomend it unless you have a lot of money, $75 just to tell you what's wrong with it and they but a fucking sticker on your PC!!! Grrrr...) and they wiped my SSD's and 3TB HDD for a fresh start and I want to Raid 0 my SSD's but I don't know how. Help please?

WHY GEEK SQUAD WHY

Cuz there was something wrong with my PC and I was impatent and knew I couldn't fix it fast. BUT THEY FIXED IT AFTER 5 FUCKING BUSINESS DAYS! I should have fixed it myself....

I should have fixed it myself....

You really should have, I mean, we sit on the forum waiting for people to bring their problems to us. :)

You can enable RAID in the Bios, I'm not sure exactly how you would do so on that motherboard, but this might be of some help to you.

//ccap

Plug your SSD's SATA cables to the two middle (white) SATA ports on the motherboard, I'd put the HDD on the bottom outside white port, any Optical drive I'd stick in the Blue ports or the last White port.

Power on the computer and hit F2 to enter BIOS. In BIOS look for the SATA Controller settings and set it to RAID (RTFM for details), enable  swap if the box is there. Exit BIOS, system will reboot, wait for the SATA RAID BIOS to pop up have your hands on the Control and I key ready and when you see the prompt press down on those keys, if you miss it just hit the reset button and try again. You will enter the RAID settings BIOS if you hit the Control and I key at the right time, set the RAID to RAID 0 and pick the two SSD's to be in the RAID group, do nothing to the HDD or any optical drives, just leave them as is.

Insert your OS install CD/DVD/Memory Stick and boot up and install OS, you may need to download the SATA RAID drivers for your mobo if the installer does not see the RAID array (should see a 240 or so sized disk which is the two SSD's in RAID 0).

Proceed as usual for the rest just make sure to install the RAID software so you can peek at the RAID array without having to go to BIOS.

Good luck and if you eff it up the first time you can try again and again till you get it right or get the hang of it so you end up becoming a RAID BOSS!

PS: Oh wait its an AMD board, maybe its not Control I but something else just watch the BIOS screen closely.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Can I do this if I already have windows 8.1 installed?

Can I do this if I already have windows 8.1 installed?

Well I see where you're going but unless the Win8.1 install is on the HDD you will end up wiping the drives completely when you set the SSD's to RAID 0. So basically if you have the OS on one of the SSD's it will be wiped (erased) if you add the SSD's to a RAID array. (redundant comment because I want to make sure you understand what's going to happen)

So better back stuff up before changing your settings.

If you have your OS on the HDD, remove its SATA port from the mobo before doing anything with the SATA controller.

If the OS is already installed on the SSD well the only way to RAID the SSD's is to wipe the OS from the SSD, you could clone it over to the HDD using something like Clonezilla. Then make sure you can boot off the HDD to keep that install safe.

More info needed.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.