Am I Retarded or just Slow... Cant Access Drivers to update Xbox Series X Controller.

Hello! I am defeated... I cant seem to wrap my head around this. 

If someone can please help me.

I don't always play with the Xbox Controller on my pc, so I wasn't up to date on its latest drivers.  

The Xbox Series X controller drivers are out of date and the Xbox Accessories app cant pick up the controller to update it. I don't have a console to connect the controller to, to update it.

I've tried connecting wirelessly and via USB. I just need the drivers.

The only way to update the drivers is through the Xbox Accessories app on PC from what I can see. If I connect via USB-C it just registers as a generic Controller which drivers are out of date/Missing. 

What do I Do? Please help. 

Oh and when it is connected wirelessly I've tested it on https://gamepad-tester.com/ and it registers the inputs so the controller is working, it just doesn't get picked up by the Xbox Accessories app or the game I was trying to play. 

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

If it's working, why update anything? What's the problem you're trying to fix?

Also, are you sure that the 'controller' that shows up is really the Xbox controller? Does it go away if you unplug?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

So the issue is its not working in game, It doesn't even register that there is a controller connected. If I unplug it that controller that shows up goes away. So i know it is supposed to be the Xbox controller.