Need Help

tastiful

I have been looking for a graphics card to fit in my system I am currently building and wanted advice from the more wise. Previously I was looking at buying the red devil 3700xt at $469, but I have been advised to stay away from AMD cards bc of crashing issues. Now i'm looking at this card https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-REV2-0-WINDFORCE-GV-N3070GAMING-OC-8GD/dp/B098Q4M4WH/ref=sr_1_8?crid=4PNG3WLL5CS4&keywords=3070&qid=1657459777&sprefix=306%2Caps%2C1452&sr=8-8 . I think the dlss would be nice to have for games, but don't know if this $600 is a good price for the 3070.

There's no 3700 XT. Do you mean the 6700 XT?

AMD cards don't crash anymore. That was only with the launch of RX 5000, which has been fixed for years now.

The RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio has a better cooler and is cheaper, so I would get that. But if the card you were talking about is the 6700 XT it might be worth saving the money since the price difference is pretty big.

14 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

There's no 3700 XT. Do you mean the 6700 XT?

AMD cards don't crash anymore. That was only with the launch of RX 5000, which has been fixed for years now.

The RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio has a better cooler and is cheaper, so I would get that. But if the card you were talking about is the 6700 XT it might be worth saving the money since the price difference is pretty big.

Yeah I meant the 6700xt. Should have proofread. I just don't know if the 3070 is worth $100+ more in performance. I think the dlss would be nice though. Opinions on that?

4 minutes ago, tastiful said:

Yeah I meant the 6700xt. Should have proofread. I just don't know if the 3070 is worth $100+ more in performance. I think the dlss would be nice though. Opinions on that?

Depends on what you do. I haven't seen many reviews of the 6700XT so I'm afraid I can't currently comment on the performance it offers compared to NVidia cards, however I can most certainly tell you that if you do anything related to content creation/work or RTX games, then any 30 series card will definitely outperform. Things like Blender and Cinema 4D and Maya work extremely well with the 30 series because of their RT cores, while programs like After Effects or Davinci Resolve can also utilize it (though to not as great an extent).

NVidia's cards also have DLSS which massively improve performance in the games that support it so there's also that to consider. Other than performance you wanna see just what other feature each side offers. I find myself using Shadowplay a lot, alongside the aforementioned Ray Tracing performance in Blender.

If all you do is gaming and don't wanna bother with this other stuff, compare: Heat, Power Draw, and Performance, there should be enough reviews out there. The choice is yours though, both cards are very good.

There's also the fact that (and I learnt this with my purchase of the GTX 1060 a few years ago), the more expensive or considered higher end tends to last far longer. So even if you don't need the stronger card right now, if you want it to last as long as possible or to sell it for a good value later, then it won't hurt you to go for the higher end option.

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

1 hour ago, Wohaaa said:

Depends on what you do. I haven't seen many reviews of the 6700XT so I'm afraid I can't currently comment on the performance it offers compared to NVidia cards, however I can most certainly tell you that if you do anything related to content creation/work or RTX games, then any 30 series card will definitely outperform. Things like Blender and Cinema 4D and Maya work extremely well with the 30 series because of their RT cores, while programs like After Effects or Davinci Resolve can also utilize it (though to not as great an extent).

NVidia's cards also have DLSS which massively improve performance in the games that support it so there's also that to consider. Other than performance you wanna see just what other feature each side offers. I find myself using Shadowplay a lot, alongside the aforementioned Ray Tracing performance in Blender.

If all you do is gaming and don't wanna bother with this other stuff, compare: Heat, Power Draw, and Performance, there should be enough reviews out there. The choice is yours though, both cards are very good.

There's also the fact that (and I learnt this with my purchase of the GTX 1060 a few years ago), the more expensive or considered higher end tends to last far longer. So even if you don't need the stronger card right now, if you want it to last as long as possible or to sell it for a good value later, then it won't hurt you to go for the higher end option.

Okay thank you. I have decided to cough up the extra $100 and go with the 3070. I think the dlss will benefit me and the longevity of the card will be nice aswell.