GPU PPT Limit?

BattleToads

So apparently my GPU PPT limit is set at 100W. It won't pull more than this in games and it is killing my performance. How do I increase this? I think something similar is going on with my CPU. It won't pull more than 60W. R5 1600AF, RX6600, 16GB CL16

Seems pretty normal for the GPU. I picked up an RX6600 recently it by default its also limited to 100W. Simply sliding the power limit slider to the right in Adrenaline bumped it to 120W under load. XFX model. 

If you look around its not an uncommon question for new RX6600 users. 

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

The CPU is just because the R5 1600AF doesn't pull more than 60W at stock. 

The GPU is a bit weirder than this. First thing I would do is DDU (in safe mode) and reinstall AMD drivers, that will remove any custom powerplay tables in case that's the issue. If that doesn't increase power usage and you know for a fact that you aren't just CPU bottlenecked, you can create a custom powerplay table with disabled power limits. You can either do this manually or automatically with MorePowerTool. 

OK so I slid the power limit bar to the right on Catalyst and sure enough, the limit is 110W now. (I adjusted by 10) The CPU was at 99.6% EDC. I searched up some solutions and read that setting the max CPU state to 99% instead of 100% in Windows control panel power settings can fix this, but it still looks high. There is likely a CPU bottleneck occurring as it is just a stock 1600AF, but I still feel the FPS is lower than it should be. 

Power draw doesn't necessarily equal performance. Don't get too hung up on this. While it's generally true that more powerful hardware draws more power, the hardware you have should only be drawing the power it needs. In other words, somehow artificially pumping more watts into it doesn't mean you get better performance. In many cases, you can actually end up with worse performance. Extra power also means extra heat and if the heat gets out of control, performance will take a nose dive.

Additionally, both modern CPUs and GPUs are excellent at boosting to take advantage of whatever thermal and power headroom they have. This is why overclocking hasn't really been worthwhile on CPUs or GPUs for years now. In most cases, the best thing you can do for performance is undervolt, which stretches the voltage/frequency curve to give you overall better performance per watt, i.e. higher frequency at any given voltage equals more performance, while your overall power draw remains the same or less even.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

While all that is accurate @Chris Prattthe specific situation in question is a little different. AMD advertises the RX6600 as being a 132W card. It being limited to 100W out of the box, at least in my testing at 2560x1600, was definitely limiting its performance. Simply sliding the power limit up to the max allowed it to reach 120W and immediately show and improvement. 

In my experience with Nvidia, at least founders cards, if its advertised as a 150W card, at full load without touching anything, it'll sit right at 150W. Its odd that behavior is a little different at least with these RX6600's. 

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q