I Found Something Weird

IMG20220708000415.thumb.jpg.0a51559b8fb2d789c0d6cecb1eb2930a.jpgIMG20220708000415.thumb.jpg.0a51559b8fb2d789c0d6cecb1eb2930a.jpgSomeone help i found something weird when i clean my laptop and decided to re-paste it at first i thought it was burn but I'm not 100% sure about it can someone help me 

It my first post in this forums sorry for my mistake thank you everyone 

IMG20220708000415.jpg

IMG20220708000405.jpg

IMG20220708000346.jpg

IMG_20220708_004228.jpg

Edited by KxTharsis

The white-ish veil on the metal part? I don't see anything that looks weird to me. The internal components don't have to get a mirror finish.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

17 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Welcome to the forums!
Nothing out of the ordinary here. Are you meaning the metal tape on the fan? Thermal pads? That is typical inside laptops.

Thank you for the comments, and no i mean the black dot on the edge that looks like burn cause by short circuit 

IMG_20220708_004228.jpg

Edited by KxTharsis

26 minutes ago, tikker said:

The white-ish veil on the metal part? I don't see anything that looks weird to me. The internal components don't have to get a mirror finish.

No it's not the metal part the one that i mentioned is the black dot on the edge that looks like cause by short circuit

IMG_20220708_004228.jpg

2 minutes ago, James Evens said:

That's for EMI. 

Either leave it there or remove it (might be out of spec/certification but unlikely you will notice real world issues).

Can you explain to me more what is EMI, sorry i was new to this community also the one that i concerned it is the black dot on the edge thank you for commenting 

IMG_20220708_004228.jpg

5 minutes ago, KxTharsis said:

No it's not the metal part the one that i mentioned is the black dot on the edge that looks like cause by short circuit

IMG_20220708_004228.jpg

Given that it's also near the top at a spot where there is no visible circuitry I'm guessing it's a spot where some supporting structure was cut off leaving a small burn mark or something like that.

Does the laptop not work or does it give you issues?

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 minutes ago, KxTharsis said:

Can you explain to me more what is EMI, sorry i was new to this community also the one that i concerned it is the black dot on the edge thank you for commenting 

IMG_20220708_004228.jpg

Means electromagnetic interference. Preventing, well, interference from magnetic fields which can throw off your device. That's what the silver strips are.

The "burn mark" is just from manufacturing the PCB, not an issue. 

1 minute ago, tikker said:

Given that it's also near the top at a spot where there is no visible circuitry I'm guessing it's a spot where some supporting structure was cut off leaving a small burn mark or something like that.

Does the laptop not work or does it give you issues?

The laptop works fine I'm just really concerned about it, because if the laptop burn i don't have the money to replace it I'm just broke college student

6 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Means electromagnetic interference. Preventing, well, interference from magnetic fields which can throw off your device. That's what the silver strips are.

The "burn mark" is just from manufacturing the PCB, not an issue. 

Is it really okay ? Because I'm really concerned about the laptop burn thanks for the reply man

7 minutes ago, KxTharsis said:

The laptop works fine I'm just really concerned about it, because if the laptop burn i don't have the money to replace it I'm just broke college student

If everything works fine then there's nothing to worry about. You can see them all around that circular cutout, so I'm sticking with my guess of production support tabs that are cut. Production is easier when everything is nice and rectangular. Then you just cut off what isn't needed, like this:

csm_LPKF__Application_PCB__014_1__8f9831

1 minute ago, KxTharsis said:

Is it really okay ? Because I'm really concerned about the laptop burn thanks for the reply man

They cut the PCB with a heated metal blade so that's what that is from, not a burn mark from the laptop getting hot. Also why the black mark is on a little raised bump, that's where it was cut away from whatever held it.

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

@Mel0nManUsing a hot knife is new to me and doubt it would work but there are so many methods that might actually be a thing.

One way to separate those panel is laser which can result in similar burn marks:

Using galvo UV laser is a very neat concept. They are fast, accurate and flexible (any shape, no mounting fixture required), very little heat input into the PCB and no mechanical stress.

I have seen thin PCBs cut with hot wire & knife (and done it myself, all I had around), but a laser does seem more likely. 

17 hours ago, tikker said:

If everything works fine then there's nothing to worry about. You can see them all around that circular cutout, so I'm sticking with my guess of production support tabs that are cut. Production is easier when everything is nice and rectangular. Then you just cut off what isn't needed, like this:

csm_LPKF__Application_PCB__014_1__8f9831

Thank you for the explanation man as you suggest i try look in another side and yes i found it it's make me relief to know that is only the burn from the cut production thank you so much for helping me

18 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

They cut the PCB with a heated metal blade so that's what that is from, not a burn mark from the laptop getting hot. Also why the black mark is on a little raised bump, that's where it was cut away from whatever held it.

Thank you so much man, at first i really concerned about it and now i know that's is the burn mark left from the cut production i think manufacturer need to start cleaning it so newbie like me don't feel stressed because see something like that thanks for helping me