Computer crashes like on a power outage while playing f1 22

Full_Logicz

Specs:

-ryzen 9 5900x 

-amd RX 6800xt

This only started happening after about 5 hours of playing the game and it now happens every time i wanna play the game, it only happens in this specific game and only when i play it, i tried to run the benchmark for 1 hour to check temperatures and everything looks fine gpu 78C cpu 65C.

So the symptoms are a sudden crash instantly cuts out video and audio though pc still looks like it is on, i can't turn it off by holding the power button or restart it i can only turn it off by unplugging it it seems.

I have no idea where to start looking for clues, I tried searching online for others with this same problem but couldn't find basically any info on it.

I also have the latest gpu drivers.

5 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

It's made by EA.

i agree with that but usually games just crash u know they don't neck your computer entirely.

Does it always happen in the same place? Like same corner of a track?

does the computer have a power supply in it

it SEEMS to be when some event happens like it happened on loading screens and right when entering the pit if that makes a difference in how the game is coded then i guess so. but it only started happening recently the first 5 hours the game ran perfectly. I should probably try reinstalling as well but it's a pretty large game.

Just now, emosun said:

FSP AURUM PT, 80+ PLATINUM, 850W

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

You thinking transient spike?

5 minutes ago, Full_Logicz said:

Your PSU appears to be a steaming pile of poop according to Amazon.  You may want to get a refund.  How much did it cost?

11 minutes ago, Full_Logicz said:

Screenshot 2022-07-06 124424.png

34 minutes ago, JKRsega said:

Your PSU appears to be a steaming pile of poop according to Amazon.  You may want to get a refund.  How much did it cost?

there is no way to get a refund, when i bought it (1 year and a bit ago) there was a psu shortage and it was literally the only one i could get for this wattage it was the equivalent 200 of euros. But no other game that keeps the pc at 100% makes this happen

Maybe they had a bad batch of them go out, but on a PSU tier list, it is ranked highly! 

13 minutes ago, Full_Logicz said:

there is no way to get a refund, when i bought it (1 year and a bit ago) there was a psu shortage and it was literally the only one i could get for this wattage it was the equivalent 200 of euros. But no other game that keeps the pc at 100% makes this happen

might wanna check your overclock and bios setting, i had a similar thing happen, and only 1 game would crash my pc, while every other game i played wouldn't, 
in my case the issue was cpu voltage, when frequencies dropped, it would drop too low and crash it, 
fixed it by removing the overclock i had, and switching (asus motherboard) sku scenario from best case to typical (maybe other manufacturers use different wording but it should be pretty close)

3 minutes ago, Yous34 said:

might wanna check your overclock and bios setting, i had a similar thing happen, and only 1 game would crash my pc, while every other game i played wouldn't, 
in my case the issue was cpu voltage, when frequencies dropped, it would drop too low and crash it, 
fixed it by removing the overclock i had, and switching (asus motherboard) sku scenario from best case to typical (maybe other manufacturers use different wording but it should be pretty close)

i don't have oc's on either card or cpu i left them as they were considering they max my monitor but even then say something breaks it would end in a bsod or driver crash no ?

10 hours ago, Full_Logicz said:

i don't have oc's on either card or cpu i left them as they were considering they max my monitor but even then say something breaks it would end in a bsod or driver crash no ?

depends, when i had the probelm pc would just turn off and turn back on, now that i think of it, check event viewer and see if you have any errors in there before the crashes