good resources/programs for learning overclocking?

hi. I have an 15-9600k that i want to start experimenting a bit with. any recommendations for programs/guides for overclocking for beginners? thanks in advance!

This depends on the type of overclocking your trying to do. If you just want a faster system to daily, it's pretty easy.

1. Set the LLC to something reasonable (usually some mid level LLC setting is good)
  2. Set vCore to 1.35V
  3. Set multiplier to 47 (I.E. 4.7GHz)
  4. Stress test
    1. If it's stable
      1. increase multiplier
    2. If it's unstable
      1. if temps are OK
        1. increase voltage 
      2. If temps are bad
        1. decrease voltage and/or multiplier.
  5. Double check stability in multiple stress tests

If you want to be going more for benchmark scores, then you want to start looking over towards HWBot and youtube channels like Actually Hardcore Overclocking, Der8auer, and Luumi. All of those places are focused primarily on competitive benchmarking and do show a lot of the tricks and ways to optimize benchmark scores as well as how to balance more advanced parameters and the other quirks of a particular platform. 

8 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This depends on the type of overclocking your trying to do. If you just want a faster system to daily, it's pretty easy.

1. Set the LLC to something reasonable (usually some mid level LLC setting is good)
  2. Set vCore to 1.35V
  3. Set multiplier to 47 (I.E. 4.7GHz)
  4. Stress test
    1. If it's stable
      1. increase multiplier
    2. If it's unstable
      1. if temps are OK
        1. increase voltage 
      2. If temps are bad
        1. decrease voltage and/or multiplier.
  5. Double check stability in multiple stress tests

If you want to be going more for benchmark scores, then you want to start looking over towards HWBot and youtube channels like Actually Hardcore Overclocking, Der8auer, and Luumi. All of those places are focused primarily on competitive benchmarking and do show a lot of the tricks and ways to optimize benchmark scores as well as how to balance more advanced parameters and the other quirks of a particular platform. 

yeahi im going for some more daily or potential gaming performance. thank you!