I can't create a new folder or text doc in windows

Snoowy
Go to solution Solved by LWM723,
This restores it:
https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-new-folder-entry-shellnew-windows-7/

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I've had this problem where in the drop down menu when i right click it doesn't give me the option to create a new text doc or folder.

image.png.eccb3301f27b48b9fd201700cef60bf7.png

I've looked around for a while but i cant find an answer?? any help is appreciated.

This is weird. The two things that I'd immediately suspect would be a permission issue or you just deleted the actual file location where your desktop is located. Can you check where the desktop folder is located? The way I would check it is to hold left shift and right click the desktop, hit "Open Powershell" or "Open Command Prompt", then look at the file directory that pops up. Odds are you'll need to do some stuff in there anyway. 

This restores it:
https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-new-folder-entry-shellnew-windows-7/

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This is weird. The two things that I'd immediately suspect would be a permission issue or you just deleted the actual file location where your desktop is located. Can you check where the desktop folder is located? The way I would check it is to hold left shift and right click the desktop, hit "Open Powershell" or "Open Command Prompt", then look at the file directory that pops up. Odds are you'll need to do some stuff in there anyway. 

Is this what your talking about??

1221644794_Screenshot2022-07-04155149.thumb.png.1a664c83bf3c418215ab08857de6abb2.png

1 minute ago, Snoowy said:

Is this what your talking about??

1221644794_Screenshot2022-07-04155149.thumb.png.1a664c83bf3c418215ab08857de6abb2.png

Yup, that's it. There's no folder for the Desktop, that's likely what the issue is. 

Go to "This PC" and see if there's a Desktop folder

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f91d3bbd6d369579df5e639539b82001.png

Once there, right click "Desktop" and click "Properties"

Spoiler

image.png.15050faf4e4c4177b766e5926e5d73f8.png

Try to see what the file location it has is, if there even is one. Once done, either modify the Location to "C:\Users\UserName\Desktop" and make that folder, or make a folder at the location it is set to.