Playing games leads to audio sounding "telephony"

Long story short, I have this problem that will occur from time to time, not always, it's about me using Bluetooth audio devices when gaming. I have the Sony WH-1000XM4 and my back up is the Airpods Pro. Audio has been great, no problem about that, however, when starting specific games like DOOM Eternal, Battlefield 2042, Warzone, and Halo: Infinite Multiplayer (note that they're multiplayers games with voice chat options), my entire audio even the YouTube video I'm playing will turn into telephony. The entire audio sounds like coming from a telephone.

Reasons why I think this problem persists:

1. Opening multiplayer games (not all of them though, only the one mentioned above).

2. I am listening through bluetooth.

3. "Hands-free Telephony" is left checked and turned on under the audio devices' Bluetooth properties settings.

Troubleshooting that I've done:

1. Hard and soft resets for both devices. (Problem persists).

2. Turned off, unchecked, "Hand-free Telephony" and it fixed the audio. HOWEVER, audio will have 1-2 second delay lag and the YouTube video I'm playing in the background has this 1-2 second delay lag too (both audio and video). The game is now having the 1-2 second delay too.

3. Did a clean reformat of my entire PC with a fresh Windows install. (Problem persists).

I'm literally running out of ideas here. Should I get a different wireless headphone instead that never uses Bluetooth? What should be the root of the problem here? Thank you experts!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home

Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name JASPER2022

GPU RTX 3080 8gb

System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

System Model MS-7C90

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor, 3900 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.00, 6/2/2020

SMBIOS Version 2.8

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

BaseBoard Product MPG B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI (MS-7C90)

BaseBoard Version 1.0

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume4

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.22000.527"

User Name Jasper2022\gigah

Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 22.7 GB

Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB

Available Virtual Memory 24.4 GB

Page File Space 4.75 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Running

Virtualization-based security Required Security Properties

Virtualization-based security Available Security Properties Base Virtualization Support, Secure Boot, DMA Protection, UEFI Code Readonly, SMM Security Mitigations 1.0, Mode Based Execution Control

Virtualization-based security Services Configured

Virtualization-based security Services Running

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

That's how Bluetooth works, if something uses the mic it falls back to the old Telephony profile. You can try to disable the microphone and Handsfree devices in audio settings so that nothing can make it switch mode. Of course you won't be able to use the mic. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

51 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

That's how Bluetooth works, if something uses the mic it falls back to the old Telephony profile. You can try to disable the microphone and Handsfree devices in audio settings so that nothing can make it switch mode. Of course you won't be able to use the mic. 

Thank you. Yes I already did that solution in the description. But a new problem happened started. 

1. Quote

Turned off, unchecked, "Hand-free Telephony" and it fixed the audio. HOWEVER, audio will have 1-2 second delay lag and the YouTube video I'm playing in the background has this 1-2 second delay lag too (both audio and video). The game is now having the 1-2 second delay too.

You said "unchecked" while there's no place in Windows to "uncheck" an audio device, so it wasn't clear. If fully disabling the headset device in the various places you can do so doesn't help you're probably going to have to disable the voice features in all apps that are trying to access the mic, or live with it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2