Gigabyte GPU mail-in-rebate question

Driimit

Hello, perhaps many of you are aware of the last month's Gigabyte GPU rebate program (where 100 USD rebate was given for a 6900 XT Gaming OC). Here's the link: https://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/GIGABYTE6MIRsJun01Jun3022sw7zus.pdf

After I complete the registration process it says in the form to include: "the original UPC code from the product packaging taped to the rebate form, and the original serial number(s) from the product packaging taped to accompanying sheets."

Now I understand where to tape the UPC code as they have a clear space for it reserved in the form, but I don't understand where to tape the original serial number. They said to tape it to 'accompanying sheets' but I can't understand what accompanying sheet they are talking about.

A screenshot of the form mentioning the rules is provided.

I hope there will be lots of other customers who filled-up the form and thus can answer my question as the 6900 XT could be essentially purchased for 720 USD from Newegg with the rebate included (before tax)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, Driimit said:

Hello, perhaps many of you are aware of the last month's Gigabyte GPU rebate program (where 100 USD rebate was given for a 6900 XT Gaming OC). Here's the link: https://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/GIGABYTE6MIRsJun01Jun3022sw7zus.pdf

After I complete the registration process it says in the form to include: "the original UPC code from the product packaging taped to the rebate form, and the original serial number(s) from the product packaging taped to accompanying sheets."

Now I understand where to tape the UPC code as they have a clear space for it reserved in the form, but I don't understand where to tape the original serial number. They said to tape it to 'accompanying sheets' but I can't understand what accompanying sheet they are talking about.

A screenshot of the form mentioning the rules is provided.

I hope there will be lots of other customers who filled-up the form and thus can answer my question as the 6900 XT could be essentially purchased for 720 USD from Newegg with the rebate included (before tax)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Just put the serial along side the UPC and it will be fine.  As long as it's obvious and attached that's all that really matters :). 

2 minutes ago, Livin said:

Just put the serial along side the UPC and it will be fine.  As long as it's obvious and attached that's all that really matters :). 

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought too specially given that the serial number barcode is on the same piece of paper where the UPC barcode is. But given that the companies -  as I understand - try to keep finding ways to deny the rebates for the slightest of niggles (otherwise they could've just offered it directly as discounts, don't they?), I am trying to keep everything as perfect as possible. That's why I'm asking for others' suggestion.

9 minutes ago, Driimit said:

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought too specially given that the serial number barcode is on the same piece of paper where the UPC barcode is. But given that the companies -  as I understand - try to keep finding ways to deny the rebates for the slightest of niggles (otherwise they could've just offered it directly as discounts, don't they?), I am trying to keep everything as perfect as possible. That's why I'm asking for others' suggestion.

All good and I understand!  You're basing the cost of the item with that rebate back in your pocket 😉.  I've done similar rebates with other vendors (and very similar looking forms) and haven't had a problem, as long as all the requested information is in order.

2 hours ago, Driimit said:

. That's why I'm asking for others' suggestion.

Why not ask gigabyte? They would know 😉

I've had really good luck with rebates and I always make copies of everything I send and the date sent.  Then I put a reminder on my calendar for when I should have received the rebate.  If I haven't gotten it, I contact the company.

My wife worked for a marketing company who did some rebate fulfillment for tech companies.  She told me that they really didn't like to reject rebates because they knew the customer would complain to the company they were representing.  Too high of a rejection rate was very bad.  The rebates are written off as marketing anyway, plus the get your information.

Your results may vary and every company is different but my experience has been good.

15 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Why not ask gigabyte? They would know 😉

Gigabyte's own forum seemed inactive and I thought I'd find more people here than in Gigabyte's own forum who bought a GPU with this rebate offer last month. 

11 minutes ago, Driimit said:

Gigabyte's own forum seemed inactive and I thought I'd find more people here than in Gigabyte's own forum who bought a GPU with this rebate offer last month. 

phone. 1-626-854-9338. Fax: +1-626-854-9339